Can poker rooms cheat?

• Marcus0908
      Marcus0908
      Bronze
      One example of something that has happened to me three times tonight at 888 poker..

My Hole cards A K
      Other Player Hole Cards A 8 os

BB 100

SB 50

Late posistion and have one caller to pre flop behind, raise to 500 and get a BB Call other player folds

Flop Q 7 J

Raise flop as contiuation bet to 500 player calls

Turn 4

Another continuation bet of 500, player puts me all in. I call

River 8

Busted out on the river but seemed player knew what cards we coming? as would you personally call 4 x plus one with A 8os????

Thoughts and advice please?

Thanks
  • 21 replies
    • Pureness
      Pureness
      Bronze
      No
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Marcus0908,

Can you give me any reasons as why the Poker Room would want to cheat?

It is not in their interests to cheat/scam players.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Marcus0908
      Marcus0908
      Bronze
      Apologies i mistyped the information

I meant the players, i-e is it possible to see what cards are coming next or see other players cards?

Thanks
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      what are your stack sizes in this hand?

You've missed the flop but sent a C-bet at him as a bluff which is fair enough but then you miss the turn too you bet another 500.

After he called your preflop raise what hands can you put him on, does he play loose or tight? he could have many pocket pairs AJ/Q maybe KQ or KJ, perhaps even QJ or QT if hes playing pretty loose what about 67 or 78 or JT are these hands possible for this opponent to have all these beat what you have on this flop.

You miss the flop but send a C-bet to him, how often does he fold to c-bets? is this a good line to take or is this guy capable of calling you down with bottom pair?

You fire again on the turn, i would just give up the hand on the turn you have missed again he floated the flop chances are he has hit some part of it maybe if you are 100 sure he is drawing and pays a lot for his draws you could put him straight all in on the turn but i would just check fold if it was me. If he folds to a 2nd barrel often then you should bet bigger betting the same amount looks weak to me.

How many more chips did you have left after your turn bet because when he puts you all in i think its an easy fold unless you only have a couple of chips left.

The poker room isnt cheating you we all get sucked on sometimes but its learning to deal with the beats and learning how to play our hands that makes us better players.

Im by no means a qualified hand judge but this hand really wasnt played very well but dont worry we are a poker school we need to make mistakes sometimes in order to learn and progress :)

Let me know if i can help anymore

Carl
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      EDIT: Carl already pwned this!
    • Marcus0908
      Marcus0908
      Bronze
      Thats great!

Thanks for the thoughts/advice i see now why the c-bet would look weak

Looks like he got lucky on the river would you think a bigger bet on the turn would of put him off calling?

Thanks
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      were u betting the turn as a bluff or for value :)
      with that said if u somehow knew he's never folding any pair to a 2barrel then its bad. its pretty good if u are confident that he folds 2ndpair and 3rd pair
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      read up about ultimate bet if you want to learn about a poker room cheating.
    • TheBlackAce
      TheBlackAce
      Bronze
      Well they don't have any interest in cheating, unless there playing themselves... Sounds familiar :p... Anyway what I thought was it will be good for a site to let you loose your free starting money!
      Or how do you get the money, does Pokerstrategy actually puts it in your account with own money, or is it an agreement with the site and does the site put it in the players account?
      Think it's pretty clear it's the second one... So why would they not make you loose the "free" money, now your hooked and you will buyin yourself. This by suckouts over and over again.

But, they get rake of your hands and if you don't loose your 50$ really fast they get it back trough rake anyway. So maybe thinking that the site wants you to loose your money is stupid. If your good they make money, while they even gave you money to start.

Been brainstorming with a buddy... this was the result.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBlackAce
      Well they don't have any interest in cheating, unless there playing themselves... Sounds familiar :p... Anyway what I thought was it will be good for a site to let you loose your free starting money!
      Or how do you get the money, does Pokerstrategy actually puts it in your account with own money, or is it an agreement with the site and does the site put it in the players account?
      Think it's pretty clear it's the second one... So why would they not make you loose the "free" money, now your hooked and you will buyin yourself. This by suckouts over and over again.

But, they get rake of your hands and if you don't loose your 50$ really fast they get it back trough rake anyway. So maybe thinking that the site wants you to loose your money is stupid. If your good they make money, while they even gave you money to start.

Been brainstorming with a buddy... this was the result.
      yeh poker rooms make a lot more money from winning regs they dont make anything from a fish except maybe the fish will donate to the regs to help them move to higher stakes and generate more rake. Ps makes money the same way by getting a slice of said rake so neither us nor the poker room would benefit from you guys losing the starting capital thats why we try and teach you as best we can because if you lose we lose too

regards

carl
    • SavexKing
      SavexKing
      Basic
      Particularly [Edited by EagleStar88]
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      o god looks like a spam bot
    • rocketboots
      rocketboots
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi Marcus0908,

Kind regards,
      Gary
      I hope you're not serious here.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rocketboots
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi Marcus0908,

Kind regards,
      Gary
      I hope you're not serious here.
      Yes I am.

Now if you read the question above where the member asks do Poker Rooms cheat in situations (player over player) in favour of one guy over the other.

Do you believe that this is the case then? Or are you talking about something different?

Gary
    • rocketboots
      rocketboots
      Bronze
      OP most certainly didn't ask that question, but I'll bite anyway.

Do I believe that a poker site is specifically watching certain hands and affecting the outcome? No, that seems a tad farfetched. Do I think it's possible for them to be maximizing profits through perhaps less than ethical means? I'd be stupid not to.

In a capitalist enterprise if your goal isn't maximizing profits you're in the wrong business. Why would the poker room NOT want to cheat?
    • rocketboots
      rocketboots
      Bronze
      Just to clarify I'm not saying that poker rooms DO cheat, as I have no evidence to make that claim. Just wanted to throw out there how asinine it is to believe that they just aren't cheating because they're such great folks out there just trying to make a buck.
    • IEatSushi2
      IEatSushi2
      Bronze
      they are all cheats trust me ;)
    • Marcus0908
      Marcus0908
      Bronze
      Hey guys thanks for all your comments

However im not sure ive got my question across properly (happened again tonight!?)

Basically what i am saying is that is it possible for another player to

a) see what hole cards your holding?

b) Know which cards will be dealt next?

Cheers
    • CRI4BRA
      CRI4BRA
      Bronze
      marcus,

that one happened only once in history and in poker world is known as the 'superuser' scandal which involved pokerrooms absolutepoker/ultimatebet

anyway if that thing would happen again, be absolutely 100% sure it wont happen at the stakes you play (micros) because logically even the stupidest thief would like to see the holecards of others when blinds are at least 100$ and 50$ not 5cents and 10cents.

i would surely go directly to play with isildur1 everyday all day :)