[NL2-NL10] nl5 - Fold top pair on flop

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Crazy to have folded here?

Villian had been really passive so I was sure he had a hand, but given his pre-flop range he could have worse 10x?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.24
      BU:
      $7.57

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , T:club:
      3 folds, BU calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.15) T:spade: , 4:heart: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.15, BB folds, BU calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.45) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BU calls $0.32.

River: ($1.09) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.09, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.09
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: I'd very likely even isolate the limper. :)

As played
      Postflop: Well, not much you can do here, I don't really see what we beat on river. Not worth betting either for value there. He ain't betting Tx there.

Best Regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Looks like I posted the wrong hand, hence the inconsitent title :P

Agree on this hand, he showed Qh10h which pretty much made perfect sense with the way he played the hand.

On this hand I was happy with mydelf as the check / fold on river was pretty much instant and felt like an easy decision. A few months ago I would have struggled to have folded / may have even made a crazy hero call out of curiosity :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      Looks like I posted the wrong hand, hence the inconsitent title :P

Agree on this hand, he showed Qh10h which pretty much made perfect sense with the way he played the hand.

On this hand I was happy with mydelf as the check / fold on river was pretty much instant and felt like an easy decision. A few months ago I would have struggled to have folded / may have even made a crazy hero call out of curiosity :D
      Well, Hand Evaluations are taking their steps then. :D Everyday getting better and better.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      yeah, i like to iso here too, what about block betting river? this way we still get a bit of value from JT,QT,T9
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      yeah, i like to iso here too, what about block betting river? this way we still get a bit of value from JT,QT,T9
      Well, if we are playing it passively preflop then I wouldn't really do that. If we would have isolated then it would be another case most likely. But that's true that block-betting ain't totally off there to avoid him betting big.