This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR AK busted flushdraw hits top pair on river

• SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      All my problem situations in one hand! :f_biggrin: (AK, busted draws, TPTK and playing against fish) "4 in 1" :f_biggrin: Villain is aggressive fish 44/13/4.4 all 135 hands with him I played in this session and he showed in more than one occasion that he can bluff with complete air, so I called his turn bet on that account. Saw no point in betting on river, since I could expect a fold or a shove. And I was not ready to call a shove when any 6 got me beat. Please evaluate:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($50)
      BB ($22.70)
      UTG ($45)
      CO ($48.25)
      BTN ($59.60)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, UTG calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.50) 5:spade: 8:spade: 4:heart:

Hero bets $3.37, UTG raises to $6.74, Hero calls $3.37

TURN ($17.98) 5:spade: 8:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

RIVER ($29.98) 5:spade: 8:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond: K:heart:

Hero checks, UTG checks

Hero shows A:spade: K:spade:

Hero wins $28.53
  • 2 replies
    • MaHnaK
      MaHnaK
      Bronze
      I am all day BET/CALLING on FLOP for such min-raise when i am playing for NUT FLUSH draw, TURN bet is smallish i am calling here again as we have two over cards and FLUSH draw. Checking on river is fine as we want to see the showdown cheaply since we have top-pair and FLUSH also missed he might fire again and we can call and go to show-down.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Against aggressive player I´d raise flop to 18$ and shove any turn card.
      This way I put maximum pressure against his one pair hands and I think he would fold better hands to my flop raise or turn shove.
      Since you get too good odds on the turn you can´t c/f, so I like c/c and if he bet small I´d also call again on the river