[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR AK busted flushdraw hits top pair on river

• SilverSag
      All my problem situations in one hand! :f_biggrin: (AK, busted draws, TPTK and playing against fish) "4 in 1" :f_biggrin: Villain is aggressive fish 44/13/4.4 all 135 hands with him I played in this session and he showed in more than one occasion that he can bluff with complete air, so I called his turn bet on that account. Saw no point in betting on river, since I could expect a fold or a shove. And I was not ready to call a shove when any 6 got me beat. Please evaluate:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($50)
      BB ($22.70)
      UTG ($45)
      CO ($48.25)
      BTN ($59.60)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, UTG calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.50) 5:spade: 8:spade: 4:heart:

Hero bets $3.37, UTG raises to $6.74, Hero calls $3.37

TURN ($17.98) 5:spade: 8:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG bets $6, Hero calls $6

RIVER ($29.98) 5:spade: 8:spade: 4:heart: 7:diamond: K:heart:

Hero checks, UTG checks

Hero shows A:spade: K:spade:

Hero wins $28.53
  • 2 replies
    • MaHnaK
      I am all day BET/CALLING on FLOP for such min-raise when i am playing for NUT FLUSH draw, TURN bet is smallish i am calling here again as we have two over cards and FLUSH draw. Checking on river is fine as we want to see the showdown cheaply since we have top-pair and FLUSH also missed he might fire again and we can call and go to show-down.
    • Kaitz20
      Against aggressive player I´d raise flop to 18$ and shove any turn card.
      This way I put maximum pressure against his one pair hands and I think he would fold better hands to my flop raise or turn shove.
      Since you get too good odds on the turn you can´t c/f, so I like c/c and if he bet small I´d also call again on the river