[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR 98s attempts bluff on the river

• clandestineAl
      This is the first time I have ever tried to make a play like this and obviously it was at the wrong time. After his weak flop bet and his check on the turn. I tried to take it down. Could this ever have worked or was my timing and read on him being weak just all wrong

Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:diamond: , 8:diamond:
      UTG1 checks, UTG2 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.05, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.17) J:diamond: , 6:club: , 5:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, UTG2 bets $0.1, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0.37) 6:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.28, UTG2 calls $0.28.

River: ($0.93) A:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.84, UTG2 calls $0.84.

Final Pot: $2.61

Results follow (highlight to see):
      UTG2 shows two-pair, aces and jacks (As Js)
      Hero shows (9d 8d)

UTG2 wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (As Js)
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      doubt that your play is purely off

with 1,3k hands though you should have some read on him, like what does he take to showdown on limped pots?
    • veriz
      Hello clandestineAl,

Preflop: A very good spot to isolate here and which I would even advice to do so.

As played
      Postflop: Well, as you didn't isolate I wouldn't like the aggressive play either on turn. I mean what you gonna achieve with it? Do you really think any hand is going to fold on turn which did bet the flop while being in freeplay pot? Doubt that, but of course if you pick such a line then you often have to consider even betting the river as well to get rid of any smaller PPs/pairs, missed draws.

Best Regards.