[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR QQ on the BU

• clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Implementing my new 3x BU raise :) Got min 3bet. The guys 3 bet stats were 25!! The turn bet was an easy call because if he had such a great hand why would he want me to fold and miss out on making money from it. right? With 25% 3bet stats do you think I should have 4bet pre? I think I would have missed out on a lot of value if I had

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $6.34
      Hero:
      $5.22

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.52) T:club: , 8:club: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.42) J:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $5.64 (All-In), Hero calls $4.52 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: ($10.46) 2:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.46

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of queens (Qh Qc)
      BB shows (Td 9h)

Hero wins with a pair of queens (Qh Qc)
  • 3 replies
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      A bit of a mindf**k on the turn lol. :f_confused:

But i agree with your theory for the call.

Personally I'd 4bet such an opponent, but i suppose it depends on your read.

How would you react if he jam'd your 4bet?
    • clandestineAl
      clandestineAl
      Bronze
      Good question. I would have been worried about him having an Ax type hand and hitting a ace somewhere if we got it all in pre. Doing it this way in theory means I could make the most or lose the least amount of money. With AF of 18 I would probably have still just stuck it in pre. I wouldn't fold to this guy with a hand as good as queens
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello clandestineAl,

Preflop: Well, I'd just 4bet against him. :D He is very likely capable of paying us with trying to get it in or another point is that he might easily even Call very light.
      Postflop: Against that kind of maniac there is no way I am going to fold my hand. He ain't shipping this way anyways with nuts, most likely just as a bluff or semi-bluff. Nice hand!

Against that kind of opponent you could even consider raising the flop to protect your hand.

Best Regards.