Hi all

• legalega
      legalega
      Bronze
      hello everyone, my name is Vedran and i'm form Croatia

i heard about this site from my college friend and poker fan. to be perfectly honest first thing on my mind was those 50 free bucks, but once i came and saw all the great stuff here, like promotions, rakeback deals and tons of learning stuff, it's not anymore all about those 50 $ bonus. ( but i'm hoping to get it nevertheless, finger crossed :) )

anyway, i fell for poker one year ago, but couldn't afford the time necessary for it, cause i was working student. now i have finished my studies and changed job so i'll have more time for playing/learning poker, my guess would be between 30 and 50 h/week. ofc most of that time i'll be reading and learning, at least in first month or so..

i plan to play microstakes nlhe for the time being..

guess that would be all for now, i believe i'll read this forum alot and post now and then..cheers!
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Vedran,

Welcome to the Community :)

We have tons of Croatian members around the forums also so I have no doubt you will meet some of them very soon.

Have you had much online poker experience before now?

Wow, you seem to have plenty of time to play the game and I like the idea of all that time spent learning. I think it is wise, especially at this early stage. The better grasp you have of the strategies and thinking involved the quicker you learn and print the $$$

I wish you every success here and in your careeer. If you ever need any help/assistance please don't be afraid to ask :)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • legalega
      legalega
      Bronze
      thanks Gary

yeah, i noticed a lot of fellow countrymen here, it came as pleasant surprise.

not much experience playing online, was playing in home games..i've started playing online this week just to get first impression, but as i said, from tomorrow i'm starting reading and just a little bit playing..

i'm looking forward to learn, post hands, discuss and share my upswings and downswings with all of you
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Excellent stuff :)

What Poker Room do you plan on playing at? PokerStrategy.com offer some exclusive daily freerolls in some of our partner rooms which you may be interested in also.

A nice way to increase your bankroll too :)

Gary
    • legalega
      legalega
      Bronze
      i haven't decided that yet. i'm well aware there are some great deals, but still didn't check them all..guess i'll do it by the end of the week or something

if you have some recommendation please do tell

vedran
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey again,

Depends on what type of games you like to play really, but I don't have any recommendations as I feel it's a personal choice.

You can study your options here for sure and then decide :)

We have a dedicated thread also for Choosing the right Poker Room for you which I would recommed you to look and see what some other members have said about some of our Poker Rooms.

All the best,
      Gary
    • legalega
      legalega
      Bronze
      thanks Gary one more time, i really appreciate it
      best regards
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      No worries,

We're here to help mate ;)

Best of luck and if you need anything else, just ask!

Gary
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome :D

Roo
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      gl at the tables and welcome!