RasTweet

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys, They call me RasTweet. Tweet like the bird Tweety it's not from twitter, twitter stole it of me!

I'm still a student (to become a teacher) and I love poker. It's such an interesting game. I just love the thinking process behind the whole game.

I started of on FT with the $50 from PStrategy. Builded up to about $180 and now lost all of it.
      Since 2 weeks ago I started on Partypoker and slowly building up my bankroll. I know I have a LOT LOT LOT of leaks so here I go try to learn as much as possible of these lessons.

Regards
      RasTweet
  • 64 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Oh right I just now understand what the whole point is :D
      But hey I'm going to try to learn as much anyway, even if I'm not a "student" =D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there RasTweet,

Welcome to our community!

I think you must contact twitter and demand your share of the company :D

Congratz on building your bankroll to a pretty nice amount of $180, but what happened after? You lost it by running bad or because of the Black Friday?

Anyway, good to hear you back on track and have such enthusiasm to keep going.

Not sure I understood, are you becoming a student in our Beginners Course or just wanted to introduce yourself? :)

Let me know
      Ingrid
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Well the with the $180 I was running very well! I was used to play on NL5 and going up at a nice pace. I was planning to build it up to about $280-$300 and then moving up again.

And since I am still a student in college there are times that I have a lot of work to do and then I can't play poker. So I didn't play for about a month and when I started again black friday passed. So I lost my whole BR =(

In the beginning of september I started again op Party because poker strategy gave me an other $50 thanks for that. And now I'm starting to building it up again.

And about the student thing. I am going to follow the beginners course. I am a bit late so I'll to it at my own pace.
      I just didn't realize the school by veriz is only for a select group of ppl. But hey I'm going to watch all his coatings, read a lot, post many hands and do the best I can!

And I want to send out a big thanks to the whole poker strategy crew for making this all possible!!

Regards
      Tweet
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys

I don't know if everyone can follow the beginners' course or not. If I can't tell me but anyways here is homework number 1.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      I started playing poker when my brother told me about Pokerstrategy. Well he told me about the free $50 if I have to be honest =D
      I started playing poker thinking it was a game of pure luck. When I started reading articles on here I realized poker is much more then that.
      I found it interesting that it when you think about it it's not really gambling. If you play the mathematical way of poker it's not really a guess.
      I love the whole odds and outs calculations and how you can see if it is profitable to call or not.
      Since I play poker I look at life in a different kind of way (sounds lame I know) But with everything that happens I start counting =D I'm not the best with numbers but I like to play around with them.
      Earning money with playing poker would be nice, but that (for now) not the number one reason I play. Of course I'm trying to make as much money as I can, but I just Love Love Love the game. With the maths, bluffing, trying to find out how people think. I mean that must be the best game in the world!
      And I wanna get as good as I can at it! =D

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      When I look at my graph I have a lot of loss in my non showdown winnings. That's why I think I play to many hand OOP and just bad hand selection. I was paying attention at this the last 2 days and I made of profit of 5BI each day in about 700 hands, and my showdown winnings where nice above the '0' line.
      The other thing is that I am to interested in what the villain might have. I want to know with what he can play like that. I call to many hands down to the river. Although I have a nice line of showdown winnings.
      I play the wrong hands in the wrong positions and often to many hands so I have to play less hands get a little nittier.
      When I play I often get distracted. I need to focus more and I am working on this, and you can't fix it overnight.
      Euhm I can't think of an other thing right now, but there will be an other thing. If I have any questions I'll post them!

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Tight for me is playing the right hand in the right position. Picking the right villain, observe. The aggressive part makes me think of fishing. If you found the right villain (fish) and he bites go for it. Attack him, subtle if you are really fishing and you pull to hard the fish will be gone. So subtle but get the money on your side.

Sorry if there are a lot a language errors in here, but it's been to long since I wrote in English.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Nice story about the poker. :> I also like the math part in poker and of course competition what's very exciting as well.

When I look at my graph I have a lot of loss in my non showdown winnings. That's why I think I play to many hand OOP and just bad hand selection. I was paying attention at this the last 2 days and I made of profit of 5BI each day in about 700 hands, and my showdown winnings where nice above the '0' line.

That's a common leak for a lot of players. a) You are playing robotic play ; b) You don't play your opponents ; c) You don't take aggression with draws or anything similar. But of course there are even more options but that's not the case. Even if you not running the red-line above your "0" I mean so what? A lot of winning players have such a style, you don't need to have red line above 0, if you are still making money from winnings. But obviously we could find some spots where you might even make money from the non-showdown winnings and maybe even fix few leaks, although for that as you know we need to see your hands.

The other thing is that I am to interested in what the villain might have. I want to know with what he can play like that. I call to many hands down to the river. Although I have a nice line of showdown winnings.

Well, winnings will go anyways upstairs if you play solid poker but rather the question is how much you gonna loose money with the loose Call-downs. This is rather a leak which you really should avoid, I mean why do you want to take a look at the hand? Usually when you are thinking that then it's so often that you actually are behind. Try counting when you sometimes do that and you will be amazed how often that kind of thing happens that you are behind. You will rarely make a lot money from those hero-calls but rather loose. ;)

I play the wrong hands in the wrong positions and often to many hands so I have to play less hands get a little nittier.

I wouldn't say that playing NIT is a very good thing. Playing according the chart is just getting known the preflop/postflop play. After that you can always loosen up and according the winnings adjust. Like either you should 3bet more with SCs or Call less with them or whatsoever (SCs was just a example :D ).

When I play I often get distracted. I need to focus more and I am working on this, and you can't fix it overnight.

Easiest way to not get distracted, just try always remind yourself. I have to close the browser(or whatever you have as distraction)! I am trying to win money here and make something for living not watching something on youtube(etc). This might work for some. Also train that on every session and at some spot you will get used to that. For yourself you might even have to find other way. But the best thing is to always remind what you came to do on table.

Euhm I can't think of an other thing right now, but there will be an other thing. If I have any questions I'll post them!

Well, how do you adjust to tilt? :)

Tight style is usually called playing rather few hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Well, how do you adjust to tilt? :)
      Right! I tend to go on tilt very early in my session. It's because I Was busy with a lot of thing before I started playing. And I'm paying enough attention to the poker. And then it happens :evil: Someone makes a stupid call/bet/raise and I might go on tilt. Nowadays I don't have it that often anymore.
      I make sure I am ready I can play poker with my attention on the poker. If I do feel that I'm going on tilt, I close my eyes, pause the table, go outside for a cigaret, and talk a bit to the family. After that have an other go at the tables.

If I don't feel it that I'm tilting I set up a stop loss for myself at 2,5BI. 2,5 because I am playing at NL2 and 2,5BI is 5 dollar then =D

hopefully that answered your question?

Oh and btw OH YES I'm silver again! Finally =D I dropped down back to beginner after black friday.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Do the homework 2:

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?
      The SHC is great for real beginners! I started with it when I started playing poker and helped me a lot!

I would play 66-99 a little different. I would raise it in middle position when everyone folds. Just to make sure not to many ppl call and get in a multiway pot with maybe an overpair in your hands. It's a hard spot then.
      Annd the 99-22 in general I don't like folding them in UTG, I rather limp there.
      AQ and maybe AJ are well enough in MP if someone limpt before you I think.

And the AXo isn't in the chart but it's perfectly playable in LP when everyone folds.

But again it's a beginners chart and for beginners it is a very good help! If you know a little more about poker it's time to loosen up a bit.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      NL2 A7s VS AI

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

Done with equilab. I don't calculate it by head. I use Equilab after every session. Otherwise it takes to long to analyse the sessions.

Equity   Winst   Split
      UTG    53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }
      UTG+1  46.32%  37.91%   8.41% { AKo }

Little question:
      This whole thread of me, what do you expect me to post in here? My homeworks thats obvious, but also other hands that I post in he evaluation forum? Maybe my successes of the day or so?
      I mean is this more like a blog or just a place to post homework.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Question 0: Download and install the Equilab.
      Done!

Question 1: You are holding K :spade: Q :spade: . What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 3 :diamond: 3 :club: ? How does the equity change on this flop: J :spade: 5 :diamond: 3 :spade: ?

Our equity prelop is:

Equity   Winst   Split
      UTG    50.78%  50.40%   0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  49.22%  48.84%   0.38% { 3d3c }

On the flop:

Board: 5:diamond: J:spade: 3:spade:
             Equity   Winst   Split
      UTG    26.46%  26.46%   0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1  73.54%  73.54%   0.00% { 3d3c }

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand?

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)

Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

If we look purely at the Odds it's an easy call. We have the flushdraw thatgives us 9 outs, we also have the GS that gives us 3 outs, every 4 gives us a straight but 1 of the 4's is already counted in the FD, so we only have 3 of them. If we have 12 pure outs we have 3/1 odds, the pot is $0.91 and we have to call $0.22. That gives us 4.14/1 pot odds. So we have an easy call.
      I didn't count the aces and the jacks because with a pair we are not likely going to win it.

Now the problem is that if the 4 comes we have a straight but anyone with 7 has a straight so if we discount those 3 outs (flush 4 we would still win). Now we have 9 outs. We still get 4/1 odds for a 4.14/1 pot odds so we can still call.

Now implied odds. If we do call we only need $0.03 from the villain and because he 3bets us he is very likely to give it to us on the river. If we do hit the flush!

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

NL2 J10 2 pair vs aggressive betting
    • jpcool
      jpcool
      Bronze
      i remember you man! your multitabling at party poker nl2 haha, nice blog.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jpcool
      i remember you man! your multitabling at party poker nl2 haha, nice blog.
      Hahah recently yes.
      I was multitabling at Fulltilt on NL5.
      Building up my BR now on party
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys

Don't know if I can post everything here (sessions etc) but I'm going to have a go at it untill I do know =D

My graph of todays session. Serieus ups and downs! Going to analyse my session tomorrow. I'll post those big swing hands in here as well.
      I can't say much about the session right now, analyse first!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Here are some hands from yesterday: They all are in the evaluation forum, it's just for the ppl who want to know how it comes that I have these up and downswings in my graph.

Biggest win
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.69)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($0.51)
      UTG+1 ($0.60)
      Hero ($3.38)
      BTN ($3.01)

Dealt to Hero J:club: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 checks, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, BB calls $0.08, fold

FLOP ($0.23) J:diamond: 7:diamond: K:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB raises to $0.32, Hero raises to $0.88, BB raises to $1.90 (AI), Hero calls $1.02

TURN ($4.03) J:diamond: 7:diamond: K:heart: 8:club:

RIVER ($4.03) J:diamond: 7:diamond: K:heart: 8:club: A:diamond:

BB shows J:spade: 9:club:
      (Pre 27%, Flop 3.5%, Turn 9.1%)

Hero shows J:club: K:club:
      (Pre 73%, Flop 96.5%, Turn 90.9%)

Hero wins $3.83

2nd biggest win
      Hero ($3.44)
      BB ($2.66)
      UTG ($2.49)
      UTG+1 ($1.59)
      UTG+2 ($2.08)
      MP1 ($0.16)
      MP2 ($0.53)
      CO ($3.84)
      BTN ($2.21)

Dealt to Hero 6:heart: 6:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.05, fold

FLOP ($0.14) T:spade: 6:spade: Q:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.07, Hero raises to $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.13

TURN ($0.54) T:spade: 6:spade: Q:spade: 8:club:

Hero bets $0.40, UTG+1 calls $0.40

RIVER ($1.34) T:spade: 6:spade: Q:spade: 8:club: 4:club:

Hero bets $0.96, UTG+1 calls $0.93 (AI)

UTG+1 shows T:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 19.0%, Turn 9.1%)

Hero shows 6:heart: 6:club:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 81.0%, Turn 90.9%)

Hero wins $3.04

Biggest los
      SB ($0.24)
      BB ($0.60)
      UTG ($2.94)
      UTG+1 ($2.35)
      Hero ($5.40)
      MP1 ($1.64)
      MP2 ($2.45)
      CO ($1.53)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.19) 7:diamond: 6:heart: K:heart:

Hero bets $0.14, MP1 calls $0.14

TURN ($0.47) 7:diamond: 6:heart: K:heart: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.34, MP1 calls $0.34

RIVER ($1.15) 7:diamond: 6:heart: K:heart: Q:club: T:heart:

Hero bets $0.52, MP1 raises to $1.08 (AI), Hero calls $0.56

Hero shows 7:club: 7:spade:
      (Pre 65%, Flop 71.4%, Turn 81.8%)

MP1 shows A:heart: 7:heart:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 28.6%, Turn 18.2%)

MP1 wins $3.15

2nd biggest loss
      SB ($2)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($0.79)
      UTG+1 ($1.71)
      UTG+2 ($2.79)
      MP1 ($2.76)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($1.44)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.12, fold, Hero raises to $0.44, fold, BTN raises to $1.44 (AI), Hero calls $1

FLOP ($2.91) 2:club: 7:spade: 3:club:

TURN ($2.91) 2:club: 7:spade: 3:club: 2:diamond:

RIVER ($2.91) 2:club: 7:spade: 3:club: 2:diamond: T:diamond:

Hero shows A:spade: K:diamond:
      (Pre 8%, Flop 1.1%, Turn 0.0%)

BTN shows A:club: A:heart:
      (Pre 93%, Flop 98.9%, Turn 100.0%)

BTN wins $2.77

Regards
      RasTweet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

hopefully that answered your question?

Yep, you have a very nice approach here and as we see you are experienced in poker. :)

Playing PPs can be in long run be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them. You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that.

Annd the 99-22 in general I don't like folding them in UTG, I rather limp there.

Totally fine even on smaller stacks. Although the higher you get the more I would be towards raising those hands. Since good players will adjust to your limp and note you down, easily exploitable.

You mean isolate?

And the AXo isn't in the chart but it's perfectly playable in LP when everyone folds.

Yep, totally agree with you. Ax hands are even most likely ahead vs their calling range and of course we can still hit a good pair.

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

About Question #1:
      Preflop Equity:

Equity Win Tie
      UTG 50.78% 50.40% 0.38% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 49.22% 48.84% 0.38% { 3d3c }

Postflop Equity:

Board: J:spade: 5:diamond: 3:spade:
      Equity Win Tie
      UTG 26.46% 26.46% 0.00% { KsQs }
      UTG+1 73.54% 73.54% 0.00% { 3d3c }

About Question #2:
      There are several occasions on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. Which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs so that means we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress, keep going!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze

You mean isolate?

Oh sorry Veriz, yeah I meant isolate. I think with a limper AQ and AJ are doable in MP, maybe only start at MP3.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by RasTweet

You mean isolate?

Oh sorry Veriz, yeah I meant isolate. I think with a limper AQ and AJ are doable in MP, maybe only start at MP3.

Regards
      RasTweet
      Definitely! Especially if it's suited.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      I made homework 4 yesterday, but it aint in the thread. Lucky I checked it anyway.
      So here we go again =D

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop.
      NL2 AQ Cbet or not

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members.
      NL5 fold set on river

Question 3: You are on the flop with K :spade: Q :diamond: . The board cards are J :spade: , 9 :club: , 8 :heart: , and your opponent holds 7 :club: 7 :heart: . What is your equity in this spot?

Preflop

Equity   Winst   Split
      UTG    45.87%  45.70%   0.17% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  54.13%  53.96%   0.17% { 7h7c }

Flop

Board: 8:heart: J:spade: 9:club:
             Equity   Winst   Split
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Regards
      RasTweet
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys

I've reached my 10K hands. Well it's a little more but hey.
      I started the beginners course at about 5.5K

I'm almost embarassed to show it. But it is important to find and fix my leaks.

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Well, it at least looks nice. :) Running upstairs. Keep going like this! But as you may understand that only that kind of graph can't tell much of your game. :( But I am glad you are doing good! :)

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you. Some more points earned.