• kinkink220
      Opp is 50/10

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7.
      3 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 9, 7, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.45) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.02, BU raises to $2.04, Hero raises to $4.80, BU calls $2.76.

River: ($11.05) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $4.24, Hero calls $4.24.

Final Pot: $19.53.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, sevens(7d 7c).
      BU shows a straight, ten high(Th Qh).

BU wins with a straight, ten high(Th Qh).
  • 2 replies
    • Sinnology
      I think your raise preflop, should be bigger,due to the fact, that you play OOP .
      I would make 5bb. 3+1 for limper+1for position.
      We floped set but board is very very wet, so I would just bet bigger,mostly for value but for protection as well.
      He minraised you on turn and you min 3bet him ?
      You have very strong hand and with exception of 8T you are ahead of most of your opponents range, which in this spot is TP or 2pair in most of cases.
      THe problem with your 3bet is that you commit yourself anyways on this pretty drawy board,so it will be very hard for you to fold on funky rivers. like 8 :diamond: for example.
      So I would just get it in on turn and seal the deal.
    • Wriggers
      I agree with Sinnology in betting bigger on the flop, although I don't mind a 4bb raise preflop. Since your opponent is obviously fishy he's likely to not care about your bet sizing so you can just make it pot size on the flop and he'll call with any of his continuing range.

On the turn just shove it in. You make your 3bet 1/2 pot when you can get away with just shoving it in. If we put his range on 2 pairs, pairs + straightdraws and even a few overpairs that he tried to slowplay he's calling a shove the majority of the time there.