Hero (CO): $10.00
      BTN: $13.15
      SB: $10.01
      BB: $10.87
      UTG: $4.57
      UTG+1: $20.42

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, SB raises to $1.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.80, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.80, 2 players) 4:diamond: 5:spade: 8:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

Turn: ($7.60, 2 players) K:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.15, SB raises to $6.31, Hero calls $3.15

River: ($20.20, 2 players) 5:diamond:

Hero shows A:club: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Fives) (PreFlop 93%, Flop 98%, Turn 95%)
      SB shows K:club: A:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Fives) (PreFlop 7%, Flop 2%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins $19.19
  • 6 replies
    • sharpred
      sharpred
      Bronze
      Omg all 4 threads went to wrong place, can somebody move em?
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Preflop:I would still raise more, sth like $3,15. I don't want to give him a feeling I'm committing to the pot so I'm raising 2,5x. Also we have position and the best hand so I wouldn't be too worried about protecting it more than this.

Flop: I don't understand your bet on this flop? Your bet gives him good odds for everything he can have. If you want to bet here, which I recommend here because there is FD but more than that low flop which gives him the feeling his PP is good here. I would bet sth like $3,50 with intention of calling his shove.

Turn: Now you realized you won't be able to get his stack so you bet 1/2 pot to get it all in on the river. You should build the pot until here to make your decision easier. Also if you bet here it looks strong for your range so he's not calling you with 99-QQ.
      I would prefer bet-shove here the way you played.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      As for pre. Its ok, i wouldve bet a little bigger like mentioned above, around 2.5x or pot + bet that would be around $3ish.

As for flop, stupid play, sry. You got lucky king comes, although u might not have action if villain didnt hit his K, you make your life hard as hell on turn...

If a 7 :diamond: comes, what is your play?
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I actually think his play was fine. Preflop this 4-bet size is pretty standard and with AA it doesnt reallly matter since there is no flop you dont like. The flop really isn't that drawy since their 4-bet calling range really doesnt hit this flop. He likely has some sort of 22-JJor AQ+ so he really doesn't have as many draws in his range. And if you get 2 outered then who cares.

And this small flop bet can induce a shove form like AQ or KQ air type hand on this board thinking he can get you off AK.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      I actually think his play was fine. Preflop this 4-bet size is pretty standard and with AA it doesnt reallly matter since there is no flop you dont like. The flop really isn't that drawy since their 4-bet calling range really doesnt hit this flop. He likely has some sort of 22-JJor AQ+ so he really doesn't have as many draws in his range. And if you get 2 outered then who cares.

And this small flop bet can induce a shove form like AQ or KQ air type hand on this board thinking he can get you off AK.
      In 4bet pot? I don't think he does that. AK is the only hand he can think we have and I seriously doubt he plays the line you described. We could induce raise(-shove) but mainly from PP 99-KK, if he goes for "tricky" line. I would rather go for value bet here...with intention of going broke on the turn.

@nathan...about 7 :diamond: ... I prefer checking behind. Pot is already very big, so if we bet even 1/2, he can easily shove and we're pot committed so I would probably just check behind.
      His range for calling 4bet would be sth like JJ+, AKs and if he's unknown (loose) some speculative hands suited connectors like JTs, 98s.
      There are many draws out if bad card like 7 :diamond: comes, but I think with checking behind we can call his river donk (if it's not shove).
      If he's known reg and you actually put him on PP then betting/going broke is better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sharpred,

Preflop: I'd also 4bet a bit bigger, ~2,5x his raise size so near $3 or a bit more even.
      Postflop: Either way you can play it. Although myself I guess I'd just Check it behind and maybe let him even catch something. Since his calling range is going to be anyways some higher PPs/strong broadways which might turn his hand into bluff. And bet the turn.

Best Regards.