About cash and tournaments at PLO

• MonkeySam
      MonkeySam
      Bronze
      Hi, I want to know if exist a huge difference between tournament and cash play, I mean, besides of the blinds rising, the bubble, and so, is there any kind of fudamental difference to apply at the tournaments?
      Is the same theory of NLHE useful here?
      regards
  • 3 replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      The biggest difference is that in cash game you can get more chips, so you can use all the marginally +EV spots. In tournaments, chips lost are usually more valuable than chips won.

Holdem tourmanent concepts apply somehow, the main difference is in push-or-fold part. As in holdem you get a lot more folds to your preflop shoves. And in omaha as the equities run so close preflop you will get called a lot more often.
    • MonkeySam
      MonkeySam
      Bronze
      thanks Kyyberi, yes, the unfortunately it is not much literature regarding that phase, I always try to wait hands ds or with high equity for push.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      My only input is that in MTTs you are playing most of the time with small Stack to Pot Ratios (SPR) so raw equity matters more than playability in pre flop hand selection (ie the value of high pairs increases).