Id check

• david2655
      david2655
      Bronze
      Hi im new to this site, and relatively new to online poker in general. so i passed the quiz first time (which i was pretty chuffed about :p) but now i need to perform an ID check. im slightly nervous about sending that information over the internet. also, im 19, dont drive (so no drivers license) and my passport is way out of date (the pic on it is from when i was 10!) so im slightly stuck
  • 8 replies
    • david2655
      david2655
      Bronze
      back to trying to make that 8$ on 888 into something for now then :p
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi david,

Welcome to our community! :)
      I wouldn't be nervous about those ID checks. just provide what is asked and it should be a breeze. for the passport, you will need a pic of the front (cover) and the page where it shows your details. the bill/proof of address doesn't have to be in your name. it can be in your parent's name, and still would be ok. We delete all copies of these ID's and documents as soon as information is confirmed. With more than 5 million members, you would be sure to see plenty of complaints if we didn't keep the data safe, right?

Congrats on passing on the first try! Hope to see you on the tables soon.

Smiles,
      Wendy
    • david2655
      david2655
      Bronze
      if you dont mind me asking (and this is probably a stupid question anyway :p) how does this site make money?? just giving out 50$ to random people doesnt seem like terribly good buisness strategy lol :p
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      actually, that's a really good question :)

Poker rooms make money when people play on their site (because players pay rake). The more players they have, the more money they make.

How do stores maximize their sales? by advertising right? so think of it this way, instead of paying for advertising on the newspaper or radio for example, they pay sites like these for directing players to their site. PokerStrategy.com gets a portion of the money that the poker rooms earn when our members play there. (There is no impact at all on you or the other players if you play tracked to PokerStrategy.com or not. I mean you are not charged any more or any less rake). I'm not sure i'm explaining it really well, so if you are really curious about it, you can check out our business model by clicking here. :)

also no questions are stupid, we are always here to help :)
    • david2655
      david2655
      Bronze
      ah i see, that actually makes a fair bit of sense thanks :) im sure ill be popping up with more annoying questions soon lol :p
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      no problemo davido!

(rhyming fail) :D
    • EzBreezy
      EzBreezy
      Bronze
      hii how do i send my id's. can u please tell me the email adress????
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      oh hello EzBreezy,

i see you've made a duplicate thread about this, it has been answered in the other thread. just keep an eye on your tickets and you will receive instructions for the ID verification. :)

btw david, how's it going? any updates for us? :f_biggrin:

smiles,
      wendy