Big mistake analysis

• sharpred
      I lost the whole buy in with this one.

I was a bit frustrated from not winning most of the pots i cbet into this session.
      It was cold in the room (balcony door was open).
      I was tired, i had played for ~45 minutes, my eyes were getting heavy and vision blurry (dry eyes?).

Someone had posted Dead; it confused me a little (played 6 tables, i took no time to look what was goin on).
      So i noticed this guy raised the limpers 5,5xbb.
      He had done it once few minutes earlier, but then he raised 6xbb.

So i shove, thinking: "Ahaa, he then raised 6x, he must be weak now. I will make him fold".
      I didnt even look at his stack - it was just a stupid emotional move.

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $12.85
      LP: $4.49
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $7.00
      SB: $10.51
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $4.03
      Hero (UTG+1): $13.43
      MP: $9.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10, CO posts DB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.25) Hero has 7:heart: 7:diamond:

fold, Hero calls $0.10, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.55, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $13.43, MP+1 calls $12.30

Flop: ($25.95, 2 players) 6:spade: A:heart: 5:diamond:

Turn: ($25.95, 2 players) K:spade:

River: ($25.95, 2 players) Q:spade:

MP+1 shows A:club: A:spade: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (PreFlop 80%, Flop 95%, Turn 100%)
      Hero shows 7:heart: 7:diamond: (One Pair, Sevens) (PreFlop 20%, Flop 5%, Turn 0%)
      MP+1 wins $24.66

After this loss i was like: "Damn, what a stupid move".

But i didnt let any emotions affect my game too much after that.
      It didnt make me do any more stupid move, tilt bluffs or anything.

(Guess all it did was make me play my QQ [on another table] overly aggressive (i raised early 4xbb, got 3bet on the button, i shoved) - but then i thought this guy [who also whitnessed my big mistake] might think im totally tilting and might call my shove wide)

Lucky for me i managed to pick up Aces on another table few minutes later against 77 (haha) and QQ - that brought me back right where i was before that big mistake.

Anyways .. lessons to learn .. -

room temperature and surrounding enviroment - important

playing tired - bad idea ... guess i have to make like some kind of mental checks to determine wether im even in the condition to play; if the answer is No - must stop playing.

bad habits (like that stupid shove for example [from playing SNG's i guess]) - ??? guess they pop out when emotions run too high (haha quoting Jared Tendler)

but so why did my emotions ran too high? probably because im so fixated on Making Money, Growing my Bankroll (now!) etc .. you know that thing, where every dollar is like so important ... thats whats happening to me now, thats the biggest flaw of my game right now - being frustrated about every dollar i lose from my bankroll (even if its +ev)

and the definition of that frustraion that occurs? .. its kinda like .. it doesnt make me boil over at once, but i guess this hand shows that it builds up somewhere and then kaboom, it explodes, that 'desperately wanting to win' thingy inside me
  • 1 reply
    • sharpred
      Silly mistakes like this happen, when playing too big limits and not following proper bankroll management dicipline.
      I know play NL2 and nothing like this ever happens anymore.