This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - Bluff catcher

• Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      BB ($21.28)
      ($3.50)
      UTG ($4.27)
      UTG+1 ($30.61)
      UTG+2 ($6.90)
      Hero ($14.27)

posts $0.10
      UTG+2 posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:club:

checks, fold, fold, UTG+2 checks, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, calls $0.50, UTG+2 calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.75) K:club: A:spade: K:diamond:

checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.75) K:club: A:spade: K:diamond: 4:heart:

bets $0.95, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls $0.95

RIVER ($3.65) K:club: A:spade: K:diamond: 4:heart: 7:spade:

bets $1.95 (AI), Hero calls $1.95

I was afraid of the KK and I only called because his bets were ~1/2 pot. If his bet on river was bigger I would fold.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gloryne,

Well, the guy can't really bet a lot bigger while he doesn't have much left in his stack. :D So I wouldn't really base on that. Another thing is that he ain't bluffing here either into 2 opponents. The only question is if he can have worse Ax hands, what kind of VPIP and stuff he does have. You most likely beating a weaker Ax hand here and that's only it. Although as you pick such a line then against such a stack shouldn't be a mistake.

Best Regards.
    • Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      OK. His VPIP/PFR after 47 hands was 28/2, and he eventually had Q7.

So, here is my dilemma. I encounter a lot of big big fish in this site (bwin - there is no NL2 there, it starts with NL4), who bluff very much with air. So the only thing I was afraid was if he had a K or an A, like you said, but I thought very probable to also have nothing.

Should I just stop thinking like this and play by the book, even when I know that they are that kind of opponents?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gloryne
      OK. His VPIP/PFR after 47 hands was 28/2, and he eventually had Q7.

So, here is my dilemma. I encounter a lot of big big fish in this site (bwin - there is no NL2 there, it starts with NL4), who bluff very much with air. So the only thing I was afraid was if he had a K or an A, like you said, but I thought very probable to also have nothing.

Should I just stop thinking like this and play by the book, even when I know that they are that kind of opponents?
      Well, if you expect the opponent to bluff then you can always play like this, why not? I mean in long run you gonna earn profit. Also with your Check you kinda induces him to bluff against you.