($3.50)
      UTG ($4.27)
      UTG+1 ($30.61)
      UTG+2 ($6.90)
      Hero ($14.27)

posts $0.10
      UTG+2 posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:club:

checks, fold, fold, UTG+2 checks, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, calls $0.50, UTG+2 calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.75) K:club: A:spade: K:diamond:

checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.75) K:club: A:spade: K:diamond: 4:heart:

bets $0.95, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls $0.95

RIVER ($3.65) K:club: A:spade: K:diamond: 4:heart: 7:spade:

bets $1.95 (AI), Hero calls $1.95

I was afraid of the KK and I only called because his bets were ~1/2 pot. If his bet on river was bigger I would fold.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gloryne,

Well, the guy can't really bet a lot bigger while he doesn't have much left in his stack. :D So I wouldn't really base on that. Another thing is that he ain't bluffing here either into 2 opponents. The only question is if he can have worse Ax hands, what kind of VPIP and stuff he does have. You most likely beating a weaker Ax hand here and that's only it. Although as you pick such a line then against such a stack shouldn't be a mistake.

Best Regards.
    • Gloryne
      Gloryne
      Bronze
      OK. His VPIP/PFR after 47 hands was 28/2, and he eventually had Q7.

So, here is my dilemma. I encounter a lot of big big fish in this site (bwin - there is no NL2 there, it starts with NL4), who bluff very much with air. So the only thing I was afraid was if he had a K or an A, like you said, but I thought very probable to also have nothing.

Should I just stop thinking like this and play by the book, even when I know that they are that kind of opponents?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Gloryne
      OK. His VPIP/PFR after 47 hands was 28/2, and he eventually had Q7.

So, here is my dilemma. I encounter a lot of big big fish in this site (bwin - there is no NL2 there, it starts with NL4), who bluff very much with air. So the only thing I was afraid was if he had a K or an A, like you said, but I thought very probable to also have nothing.

Should I just stop thinking like this and play by the book, even when I know that they are that kind of opponents?
      Well, if you expect the opponent to bluff then you can always play like this, why not? I mean in long run you gonna earn profit. Also with your Check you kinda induces him to bluff against you.