Starthing hand chart

• TheBlackAce
      TheBlackAce
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have a few questions about the chart. I seems to me that it is really tight. I red some poker books and when I compare there charts this one tighter.

Like folding AJ in mid pos. when there is one raise?

So hypothetically this happens -> you have AJs in mid pos FR table, you know that the blinds are really tight so you don't fear that they will reraise preflop. Now only the CO and BU are dangerous. Isn't it worth a call to see a flop?

Plus I also red that the Chart is not absolute. This makes me belief that when you get better, you start to open up your range!?
      Also you have to adjust to the way that your opponents are playing "taking what the defense gives you!" (Caro). So would you do that within the chart, so tighten your range within the chart, or widen even more than what to charts saids?

I love suited connectors, the charts leaves almost no opening for them. One of the most fulfilling ways to get payed off is by calling 87s in CO get the blinds in as well. Then hitting 569!!! Never know what hit them :D !
  • 2 replies
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      The chart is for total beginners so that they wouldn't get in difficult places where they don't know what to do. If you are more advanced then you can easily play more hands and open raise more often. For AJ I wouldn't call, I would raise, just because if we have a reraise after us then we kinda have to fold, just because if there is an A in the flop, you either have to donk into him, assuming that the blinds weren't the raiser, or check and then he will Cbet almost every time so to continue there is not so good, just because you can easily be up against hands like AQ, AK. Try to always enter the pot raising, be the aggressor.
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I agree that the chart is for total beginers. If you look at my locker thread, you can see the first question set out in the second piece of homework (week two).

My locker Thread