Dykiller's blog

• Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Alright!

I little bit about me... I am currently 21 years of age. I live in Montreal, Quebec and I am a native french speaker (so dont blame my english). I am currently working as a firefighter for my town.

I am starting a blog myself to help me from tilting and to see my progression.

Ive been playing poker for about 4-5 years, but I was a TOTAL fish. I was losing most of my money because I did not have any BRM. I finally decided I needed to do some homework.

I read some books, and I found pokerstrategy! I got 50$ into a FTP account.

For the month of March i set my goal at 200$ in my bankroll. I currently only playing NL10 with BSS. I fell confident enough to sit at the table at make continuous winnings whitout fear of going broke. If by bad luck my Bankroll would drop below 20$ I would go to SSS.

I currently have about 161 strategypoint, and I cant wait to get to 2000 to get pokertracker and PokerAce. I know that have a WRITTEN char of my progression will help me play a much better game.

I will be posting Winnings, Beats, Question, Hand situation. If you guys want to join the ride, you are welcome!

March goal:200$
      Bankroll: 72,12$
  • 10 replies
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      What a roller coaster day today. I started out with some good wins, than I lost a bunch of hand in a row, down to about 45$

I took a short break, I went to the gym, Lifted some Iron, and played refreshed.

I manage to make 30$+ in about 1K hand.

March goal: 200$
      Bankroll : 77.42$
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Welcome Dykiller,

Good to see you have set yourself a goal for this month, however I should take a goal like: play 30k hands this month, post 10hands, watch 2 video's, reread the articles, read that specific book, etc.... Because variance can be a real b*itch. When u play solid the results will come but when u don't reach your 200$ it can become a frustration ;) But anyway, good to see you have ambition and you wanna climb up!

Good luck!
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Well Today I played about 1.5K hands.

When I join some Cash tables I always seem to lose about 1BI before I start winning it back + more.

Ive found myself to resist tilt on some pretty bad call, runner runner with a lot of money in the pot.

Im still pretty far from the 2000 points to get Tracker and Ace, But I think that in a month I should be there. Since I play on FTP the points go up slow.

Im in a happy mood because today im halfway from my march goal.
      Im going to finish the day with 1 table 1$ SnG, just to <Relax>. After that Ill take the rest off the night to read some article over again and get some more theory. I play a winnings game at NL10 but there is a lot of fluctuations even at FR which isnt that good. Ill try to build a more solid post-flop play.

March goal: 200$
      Bankroll: 101.62$
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Im down to 65$ Im pissed, but hey. Its gone, its gone. Ill work my way back slowly

OK, so im back to 111$, sweet
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Keep going ;) you can do it :)
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Ive reach my March goal faster than I though I would

Right now I stand at 225$. Ive set myself a new goal which is 300$
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Hey folks, I dont even know if some of you are still reading my crap :D

Today I start the day with 314$. I have to say I am quite impress with the results Im getting from my learning.

I had set a new March goal of 300$ and reached it the same day!

Right now Im setting my new goal at 500$ by the end of March.

The past few days, I have been playing way to much and my poker studying has been left behind. Some Silver Strategies arent read yet!

So today, Ill start the day with a good GYM session, some weightlifting to ease the mind, then ill spend a couple of hours reading articles and sharpening my skills. Later tonight Ill attack the tables! :P

Oh ya, I made the transistion to the NL25 FR tables. I know my bankroll would be border line for that BUT, the game is a lot Easier/Softer, and I make a better profit. It seems like people deposit 50$ and go straight to NL25 table or something.

On the other hand, my Pokerstrategy point arent going up that fast on Full Tilt Poker (2 points / 1$ Rake). But I think that Ill manage to get 2000 point by the end of March. :)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Dykiller :)

Of course we are reading! Especially when someone admits to having played above their bankrollmanagment we practically jump out of the woodwork :D

But in all seriousness. Im glad to see you doing well, but just be careful not to get ahead of yourself. In this early stage of your career the advice Zeffke gave is worth pure gold. Put emphasis on becoming better at playing, reading articles, viewing videos and attending coachings. The monetary aspect is secondary. Bankrollmanagment is an important part of poker and although you might feel ready to crush NL25 - you should not climb up too quickly.

Try not only to have monetary goals but also goals related to your advancement as a player :)

Otherwise good luck on continuing your upwards climb!

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Dykiller
      Dykiller
      Bronze
      Hey guys

Ok, so Now my Bankroll is 350$, I think 500$ by the end of march is reacheable.

Right now I am doing the Midnight Madness on Full Tilt Poker 10$+1$ (15K guaranteed) The prize pool is 17,590$, 1761 participants, about 300 left.

In the early stage of the tourney I was in top 10th, but I got a major suckout with a 2 outer on river and my chip stack was down to 120 chips.

(blind where about 60/120 then).

I managed to make myself back, right not im 200th of 300.

First 261 are paid. Ill post my results!

Im going to be Gold in about 3-4 days, yeah ! :D

Ok, So I got out 155th out of 1761. Made 17.59$. Bah
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Nice tourneyresult nevertheless ;) Good luck! And congratz on becoming a gold member (in a couple of days)