Saved searches in Videos don't work

• 5 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi ZeroDegrees,

Nice to see you again, how are you?

I've moved your thread into our Education board and the guys will be with you shortly.

Ingrid
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey ZeroDegrees,

Just had a look at this myself, thanks for posting.

Once you define your search parameters, conduct the actual search first to display your filtered videos, then save the search with a name of your choice.

After you do this, when you load the search, it should display the previous set of results for you.

I also experienced a problem loading my saved searches before I had actually searched for them, if we do not search first, the saved search will be the default filter settings, hence when we load a search; there is no visible change.

Let me know if this helps!

Cheers,

-E
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Had similar problem in first time saving those searches. Might be good idea to offer some sort of help that it works like that. Also nice feature would be to allow user overwrite previous saved search. Well you can delete old one and save with same name so not that big of a deal.
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Good points ghaleon,

I'm not sure it would make sense to implement an "Edit" feature here, the overhead would not be worth the end-result, as you mentioned yourself, you can simply remove / add the updated search parameters required.

The reason we need to conduct the search first, is because when we save a search using this application, it uses the current URL in your browser.

Take care folks!

-E
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hey Ingrid!
      Thanks for asking, Im good, closer to great:) . Hope you're OK 2!

@l33 (now that is a real nic for a computer man;) ): That's the way to do it! Thanks!

Cherio