This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA vs set

• Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.80)
      BB ($0.93)
      UTG ($1.61)
      CO ($2.43)
      Hero ($2)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: A:heart:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.39) 3:diamond: 5:spade: Q:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.38, UTG calls $0.38

TURN ($1.15) 3:diamond: 5:spade: Q:club: 5:heart:

UTG checks, Hero bets $1.10, UTG calls $1.05 (AI)

RIVER ($3.25) 3:diamond: 5:spade: Q:club: 5:heart: T:club:

UTG shows 3:club: 3:heart:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 89.2%, Turn 90.9%)

Hero shows A:spade: A:heart:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 10.8%, Turn 9.1%)

UTG wins $3.09

I tried to take down the pot on the flop or should I bet smaller to get value and hope he doesn't catch anything better than I have?
      About the turn, I'm not sure what to do, if I bet 1/2pot I'm already committed so I just shoved.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Bet smaller on the flop. Board is so dry, that likely you´re ahead 90-100% of times, so you don´t really have to bet that big to get all the money in the pot till river.
      I´d bet 0.2$ on the flop, then half pot on the turn and shove river.
      Since 5x is blank and Qx now only has 2 outs to beat you (like all the other pp-s) I´d bet again small to 0.4$ to then shove river.

Although you´re pot committed it is better to keep in his wide range to earn more money and make impression that you have there air or AK that might b/f
    • Maartinss
      Maartinss
      Bronze
      I advise PF 3Bet biger ~ 0.24$, smaller odds to call, and on Flop when villain call pot size, bet it is a clear sign that he was hit this flop.

On Turn, I probbably check behind, get to show-down, call a small bet on river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Krishjanis,

Preflop: Why do you 3bet so small? Do you want him to give great odds for set-mining? At least $0,24 should be the 3bet and maybe even a bit bigger while he is calling us anyways if he is loose enough.

As played
      Postflop: Could consider betting smaller so give him room to Call with weaker PPs as well. But obviously it ain't that huge problem anyways.

Best Regards.