[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 45s

• Meemawuk
      I decide to take a flop IP since this guy is playing very loose, but seems to be running hot.

Obv I cant cal pre and fold this flop so I call. Make my straight on the turn. Pretty sure I should be raising here to protect against Adx that has c-bet or any overpairs with 1 diamond?

River pairs the board and he checks which I think is very suspicious unless he has Adx with no pair. He might decide to take a check-call line with an overpair but I think its a pretty tough call for him in that spot since it's unlikely that I will bet worse.

Again not sure if I'm being results orientated but i was genuinely suspicious throughout this hand.

Just as a matter of interest, after this hand he tightened up for the last 30 hands or so.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5:heart: , 4:heart:
      MP2 raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 9:diamond: , 6:club: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.6, Hero calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.95) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.95) 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.95

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a flush, king high (Kd Qd)
      Hero shows (5h 4h)

MP2 wins with a flush, king high (Kd Qd)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, I doubt I would raise right on turn, I mean the guy could even have flushes in his CBetting range. What you gonna achieve with it? Do you think the guy could pay with a lot worse? I'd still rather take pot control line and then reevaluate it on river.

But as played the river well, I mean if you even don't expect him to Call with overpairs in this case then why do you Call at all preflop? Your implied odds ain't that great with such hand as 54s if you rather expect him to pay you with very strong made hands. I'd still consider value-betting vs such a loose player, ~1/2 pot size or just not play such small SCs at all.

His range can easily be even any 9x/any kind of PPs, so against that kind of range I'd still decide to threw a small bet.

Best Regards.