MTT Review Opportunity with Jonathan Little [Gold+]

• FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      Hello PokerStrategists!

An exciting & rare opportunity has arisen for all our lovely Gold+ members where your very own MTT-Legend, JonathanLittle, can make a detailed review of your tournament hand history.

• Did you get crushed in a troublesome tournament? :f_cry:
      • Still too scared to even look at that MTT hand-history from last time? :f_confused:
      • Did you completely wipe-out your final table? :s_cool:
      • Or perhaps, an absolutely shocking bad-beat on the bubble? :s_o:

How to apply
      Post in here with a short summary of your poker career along with some details about the tournament you'd like to be reviewed.
      Most importantly: Why you?

Criteria:
      • Minimum Gold Status
      • Minimum Buy-in of $20
      • Decent number of hands
      • Your best / most interesting MTT-history, as chosen by yourself

Please attach any relevant notes + questions to your post for Jonathan.

Soon, Jonathan will select the most discussable & interesting candidate, and produce a video with the most interesting hands!
  • 14 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi!

Any deadlines for this?
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      soon :) End of the week / monday in case you ship the Sunday Million or something ;)
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FishermansFriend
      soon :) End of the week / monday in case you ship the Sunday Million or something ;)
      Nah,

I've played both cash and MTTs for a while; usually focused more on the former but lately I've been focusing a bit more on tournaments. I have decent results on tournaments up to $6 BI, with two second places and a fourth recently.

However, on higher tournaments I never made it deep. Just today I've tried one, just to try and apply here, $20 BI... but it's always the same story: a bit card dead, no action on good hands, I slowly see all the fishes donate their whole stacks on dumb spots, untill I have like 15BB and have to shove a marginal hand.

So I've only played 55 minutes and don't have many hands in the HH :f_frown: . I could only be your guy if you want to make a vid on "how to find spots if you're card dead in an early MTT" or something, unfortunately.

A shame, because I really wanted/needed the help to overcome this difficulty of mine on early MTTs. Maybe I'll try another $20 later, but this weekend I'll have a guest here so can't play much, and $20 MTT is sliiiightly over my BRM anyway :f_frown:

But it's a nice opportunity, I hope someone takes it. Thanks a lot.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Well, in one of the side tournaments I finished 4th. It was a regular speed one (15 min blinds) with a field of ~300.

I think there were interesting spots and it wold make for a very nice analysis. You can read some details and a few hands in two of my blog posts here and here.

The most trouble I had was being quite card dead at final table AND with two fish to my left. So that I think might make too for nice analysis of how to milk some stones ;)

Most importantly: Why you?

Because I'm VERY interested, as you can see :f_biggrin:

Plus I think I've been putting lots of effort in my game, I'm an active member in the community, and I think the HH was nice.

I know, I know, $3.30 buy in is far from the $20 minimum... but since no one is showing up here I decided to give it a try anyway, since my $20 tournament today was a disaster (I can send that HH too, huh?, huh?).

=)

Please attach any relevant notes + questions to your post for Jonathan.

I have a few notes and a few questions to make but I'll make them if/when you decide to review it. Huh? huh? :)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      When was/is the deadline for this?
      Even though I'm a moderator, by SP I'm a Gold+ member at the moment, would I be qualified to apply for this if it's not already closed?

Well, if so;

I'm a fairly recreational player, and I've had long periods of jumping from NLHE cash to PLO cash to NLHE MTTs and MTsngs to SnGs and have only recently started playing MTTs again aiming to qualify in for the Unibet Riga Open, as I live in Riga.

Today I had a Unibet-day, satelliting from €2 rebuy through €11 to €55 to finally the €255+20 Weekly Sunday Final with 8 packages guaranteed.

This is the highest buyin tournament I think I've ever played, or atleast can remember playing.
      So in many spots I felt very insecure, at one point being squeezed in with ~8-12 BB for many orbits between 3 of the top 5 stacks, with no unopened pots, ever, and the #2 stack on my direct right stealing my blinds, card dead to boot.
      Despite the result, I was also down to like 6bb with 30ish left.
      I felt very insecure playing competition on this level, so would of course like a second opinion by someone as successful as this.

Having just shipped this, not 30 minutes ago, I would of course like to apply with this hand history. :)

Regards,
      Richard
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      Hey Guys!

Bumping this, Jonathan is looking for even more HH's to review!

Don't miss the opportunity! :)

Cheers,
      FF
    • arba1992
      arba1992
      Bronze
      Can i send PLO SH FT? (shipped ofc :) ) or just holdem?

edit:
      ahh...nevermind it was only 11$ BI :D :D
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      Oh yeah, the offer is for Texas holdem, sry if that wasn't obvious :)
    • DonBartos
      DonBartos
      Platinum
      I could send HH from a $23-33 MTT if you'd like to review that.
      Like if there's not someone from the English Gold+ community willing to take this opportunity, then let me know.
    • UrielSeptim
      UrielSeptim
      Bronze
      I could send a $109 MTT with a very long and deep 3handed- and HU-stage, but I really hope you'll find an other lucky pokerstrategist, I've allready won two (sng-)review opportunities in the German Community.
    • robika27
      robika27
      Global
      I would like to nominate my $9k+ win HH played in april on iPoker's saturday $109 35k gtd FO.

I just reviewed it first time since than, and now I would play many hands differently, but still, it could be interesting, I think
    • Albeback
      Albeback
      Bronze
      I have a recent 6th place in a 11 rebuy on stars which might be interesting. I also have a 2nd in a 27.50 on stars in a small field only 153 players but I think it had some interesting spot including a comeback from a short stack late.
      I know I am not gold now but I will probably be after this weekend as I will play a lot.
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      Hi Guys!

Please send your HH's to coach at pokerstrategy dot com, with the following subject line:
      'Jonathan Little MTT Review application'

Please include:
      - The full hand history
      - Up to 15 hands that you've found the most interesting/difficult in a seperate HH.
      - Any notes or questions especially related to the selected hands in a seperate txt.

Jonathan will then probably pick multiple lucky winners ;) .

Cheers,
      FF
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Well maybe should also send my 2nd place hand history for guenness world record attempt where I won 34k

Since I had friend over and we were both drunk then there are some strange moves, but generally I think I played tourney perfect (except maybe one last hand)

Update: sent :p