No win, no lose pretty much stuck

• Tintuks
      Tintuks
      Bronze
      Hi there.
      I'm a begginer at hold em, so I did this test a few weeks ago and I've been playing Fixed Limit at 770 poker since.
      I've read all the FL poker articals that my bronze level allows me, and I've been following the charts, and playing as Poker Strategy suggests.
      The problem is that I really don't see any change, my balance varies form 47 - 53 dollars, but as soon as I start to win a little bit it's conpensated by losing and vice versa. I'm really boored and have a strong feeling that I've been wasting my time...
      Maybe FL is not that suited for beginners, or should I trie a different aproach...
      What would you suggest?
  • 4 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Tintuks,

do not be disheartened by these results. it is normal to have breakeven stretches for any poker player, but especially at the beginning while your skill and experience grows. how many hands have you played? you need quite a large number of hands before you can gauge your own winrate.

if you feel that FL is not the game for you, by all means, read about the other formats and try them! you can try SNG's or MSS Cash games next and see if you like them. remember, you can have breakeven stretches for these as well. (actually, that's a lot better than losing as many beginners also experience)

it takes quite a bit of patience and hard work to get good at this game. what is important is that you have fun while playing and learning so that you will keep doing it! :f_love:

let us know how you get on. :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Most beginners lose so you're doing something right already! :)
      It's also the case that beginners should be learning to walk before they run. What this means is, keep re-reading those articles and post hands in the FL forums for experts to look at; also use the videos and coaching sessions [2nd to non coaches on here] and anything else you can find to improve your game. That last bit is the crux of the matter; learn to improve your game and the results will follow naturally - as will the bigger bankroll :s_cool:
      P.S. patience is one of the most important skills to learn for poker. Get impatient - get broke. GL again.
    • Tintuks
      Tintuks
      Bronze
      That was quite inspiring, thanks :) .
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      For me FL is harder than No Limit, that why many people fail on it at the beginning.

But of course u dont lose so much in 1 round like no limit.