[NL2-NL10] NL10 QJ vs short stack

• Meemawuk
      I have played this hand terribly all round and want you to embaress me for being garbage at poker!

Preflop QJ is usually a 3-bet or fold in this spot? vs a Full stack that is what I would usually do, but its a minraise?

Flop is standard.

Turn donk is stupid. No information. If I check and he bets again in this spot should I be folding? Baring in mind i have 0 hands on him at this point.

I somehow manage to spike a non-spade jack on the river and bet for value from the KQ/AQ hand that I think he has. Maybe I should be checking to induce a bluff from missed flush draw? But because I've bet the turn it's hard for him to bluff with a missed draw. Obv I cant fold to a shove.

Worst hand I've played in a while

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , J:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, BU folds, Hero calls $0.15, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.50) Q:spade: , 9:diamond: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.10) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.69, CO calls $0.69.

River: ($2.48) J:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.5, CO raises to $3.60 (All-In), Hero calls $2.10.

Final Pot: $9.68

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows (Kc Qc)
      Hero shows two-pair, queens and jacks (Qh Jc)

Hero wins with two-pair, queens and jacks (Qh Jc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Well, against a min-raise and a loose player I don't like that much 3betting here. Although while he has a pretty wide stealing range then I don't mind to play even such a hand. It's steal a head of a lot ranges. But definitely it's kinda crappy to be OOP and also against mid-stack.

Turn: Well, I do actually like the donk on turn unless you expect him to 2nd barrel a lot with draws. If he is rather passive with them then I would also consider donking and protecting from him Checking behind, although I would definitely bet it bigger ~$0,90 even.
      River: Well, kinda hard to fold here while sometimes he might even overplay KK/AA here also the odds are pretty good. Nice hand!

Best Regards.