[NL2-NL10] Nl100 - K6s freeplay

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (8 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

UTG+1 ($49.95)
      MP1 ($119.70)
      MP2 ($29.15)
      CO ($299.85)
      Button ($105)
      SB ($60.05)
      Hero ($20.50)
      UTG ($46.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, K.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $1, CO calls $1, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($4) 3, Q, 8 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, MP2 calls $2, CO folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($8) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($8) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $8

Results in white below:
      Hero has 6h Kh (three of a kind, queens).
      Outcome: Hero wins $8.
  • 5 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      there is no sense in betting the flop. your fold equity is extremely low. So what you should do, imo, is to check and see what develops. If CO is making pot size position bet or even more agressive action develops, you might consider pushing.
      Otherwise, you can play it passively.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      OK, thanks, i think you are correct, but the table was extremly loose, P/F more then 40%..so i guessed that people were limping with maybe even K2o :) :) i ve seen such donk play many times even on NL100...what i was thinking is to c/b (i had some outs...) and see if somebody will raise or people will fold asd my board image was good...they called me probably with Ax..or some Qx, Jx...10x,,....i was shure if somebody would have Kx would raised me....then i risked and bluffed value bet on river and i think this was a pure luck, so in the end i want to say NEVER PLAY LIKE THIS, except if you have very good confidence in yourself and in your play;)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      well, when you are betting a draw hand (not strong combos), you do it mainly for one reason - to make players fold. And in your case it is not really achievable. Therefore, no matter how loose is the table, against 3 opponents betting half pot with a draw is weak.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      well, when you are betting a draw hand (not strong combos), you do it mainly for one reason - to make players fold. And in your case it is not really achievable. Therefore, no matter how loose is the table, against 3 opponents betting half pot with a draw is weak.
      yes, you are correct that was a weak c-bet ;)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      just for the record )

If a player bets in an earlier round and then bets again in the current one, this is called a continuation bet since it continues the aggression from the previous round. A typical continuation bet situation is when a player raises in the first round and is called by another player, then bets again after the flop, often as a bluff without having anything at all.