[NL2-NL10] Nl10 88

• Meemawuk
      Another spot where I'm unsure. I think I'm ahead on the turn but I expect him to just give up with worse hands on the river. Should I be calling for the given price incase he has 7x?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:heart: , 8:diamond:
      MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.00) 9:club: , 7:heart: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.60) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.5, Hero calls $0.50.

River: ($2.60) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.60
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Preflop: No higher science there, calling is normal play and when SB calls it's even better since we have position so our play will be much easier.

Flop: This is pretty much one of the better flops we can hope for. I think raising here is not a good move, since we have player after us so calling is the best.

Turn: MP looks loose, so I would go for pot control and just call here. Sure we can see some overcards but with raising we build the pot we don't like that much and if he calls us we will have to fight for it on the river.

River: 3 barreling is usually strong but when this kind of player does it, it doesn't mean the nuts. I would call it and make notes about him. I can't find the range he 3barrels with but I'm pretty sure we can find some 7x and 6x there.
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, against that kind of maniac I guess I would even consider Calling the river while he could easily even have there 7x. Also the odds are kinda good.

Best Regards.