This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

poker break

• SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      I grind sngs and i am kinda addicted to poker... suddenly i started playing bad and made a huge downswing ad decided to take a break and i didnt play for 5 days now, will i play better now?
  • 6 replies
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Obv not .
      Invest some time into learning, post hands in eval forums, work with wiz/icm trainer, watch vids...
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      i am doing that...
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SRBSavic1
      I grind sngs and i am kinda addicted to poker... suddenly i started playing bad and made a huge downswing ad decided to take a break and i didnt play for 5 days now, will i play better now?
      I was on a downswing and AA/KK/QQ lost a dozen times in the morning to 80%-20% "flips".. i took a break for 24hours, will i win both the sunday millions now?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :D SRBSavic1 :f_p:

i am not sure if you are kidding but i attempt to answer anyway. here goes :D

i think the reason people take breaks from poker is so that they can cool down from their tilt, compose themselves and re-attack the game with a clear mind and proper mindset :f_biggrin: if you have managed to do so during your break, then i will beg to differ from my beloved Gerovit, yes you will be able to play better than before you took the break when you were probably tilting -- i saw that call off with midpair for your whole stack :f_confused: (of course not exceeding your own present ability. you will need to study/practice to improve your technical game). but mindset is a big portion of the battle at the tables imho.

righty-o? :f_p:

smiles,
      wendy
    • michaelbroadhurst
      michaelbroadhurst
      Basic
      i to took a break recently after a small downswing and everything seeming to go against me and have just picked back up again and i am feeling more determined and confident than ever i believe that a break every now and then works well and would like to hear when you get back to poker how you feel :D
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelbroadhurst
      i to took a break recently after a small downswing and everything seeming to go against me and have just picked back up again and i am feeling more determined and confident than ever i believe that a break every now and then works well and would like to hear when you get back to poker how you feel :D
      Its A LOT better its like i am thinking more clearly and my ROI was -70% and now its 35%.
      So its a 105% improvement!