poker break

• SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      I grind sngs and i am kinda addicted to poker... suddenly i started playing bad and made a huge downswing ad decided to take a break and i didnt play for 5 days now, will i play better now?
  • 6 replies
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Obv not .
      Invest some time into learning, post hands in eval forums, work with wiz/icm trainer, watch vids...
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      i am doing that...
    • Akcus
      Akcus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SRBSavic1
      I grind sngs and i am kinda addicted to poker... suddenly i started playing bad and made a huge downswing ad decided to take a break and i didnt play for 5 days now, will i play better now?
      I was on a downswing and AA/KK/QQ lost a dozen times in the morning to 80%-20% "flips".. i took a break for 24hours, will i win both the sunday millions now?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      :D SRBSavic1 :f_p:

i am not sure if you are kidding but i attempt to answer anyway. here goes :D

i think the reason people take breaks from poker is so that they can cool down from their tilt, compose themselves and re-attack the game with a clear mind and proper mindset :f_biggrin: if you have managed to do so during your break, then i will beg to differ from my beloved Gerovit, yes you will be able to play better than before you took the break when you were probably tilting -- i saw that call off with midpair for your whole stack :f_confused: (of course not exceeding your own present ability. you will need to study/practice to improve your technical game). but mindset is a big portion of the battle at the tables imho.

righty-o? :f_p:

smiles,
      wendy
    • michaelbroadhurst
      michaelbroadhurst
      Basic
      i to took a break recently after a small downswing and everything seeming to go against me and have just picked back up again and i am feeling more determined and confident than ever i believe that a break every now and then works well and would like to hear when you get back to poker how you feel :D
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by michaelbroadhurst
      i to took a break recently after a small downswing and everything seeming to go against me and have just picked back up again and i am feeling more determined and confident than ever i believe that a break every now and then works well and would like to hear when you get back to poker how you feel :D
      Its A LOT better its like i am thinking more clearly and my ROI was -70% and now its 35%.
      So its a 105% improvement!