[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AQs vs BB 3b

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain = 11/9/2af/21wtsd/385hands

:spade: preflop aggression was slightly higher at 3.3

:spade: he seems pretty nitty but his 3b% is 5% (5/101) total and 5% from BB (2/41). I watched a video re: 3b's which says that 3% 3b over a decent sample is usually a value range similar to QQ+ AK.

:spade: With 5% can we throw in some deceptive 3b'ing hands like suited connectors?

:spade: My thinking was that since I am raising from the button, that my perceived range is quite wide. Therefore he will 3b either for value or as a bluff more often.Obviously I can never 4bet as a bluff or for value vs his stats and given stack sizes, so that leaves us with call or fold. Due to the above reasoning and the fact that I can play postflop IP i elected to call.

5% in the equilator is as follows. Is this the correct way to determine his 3betting range?

Board: 2:heart: 8:diamond: 8:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     30.15%  25.11%   5.04% { AhQh }
      BB     69.85%  64.82%   5.04% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Flop: So I figure he would still check raise all his 88,JJ+ if he thinks I am aggressive enough and I wouldn't expect him to check raise with 99/TT here.

So he either has a pair or air IMO

so check behind or bet/fold?

I opted to bet/fold because I figured to be behind against his range but I can get better hands to fold, eg AK maybe 99/TT since he wont want to play a big pot OOP by check/calling and having to give up if the turn is nasty and since the pot his 3b it would be expensive for him to check/raise the flop only to fold if I 3b.

I am basically turning my hand into a bluff because I don't think I had showdown value and would have to improve to win IMO

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $9.50
      LP: $10.59
      CO: $17.48
      Hero (BTN): $10.10
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.58
      UTG: $9.55
      UTG+1: $1.70
      MP: $10.52

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55, 2 players) 2:heart: 8:diamond: 8:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.27, fold

Hero wins $2.43
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Well, either way I am folding it preflop or just Calling. 4betting would be anyways overplayed against that kind of guy, I mean he will only continue with pure nuts and most of the other part we are beating if he is 3betting light. Although against 5% 3bet it's kinda close, would really depend on the table image you had and he had and what kind of previous actions you had. Might even possible to play this way and I wouldn't Check it behind but still take a stab vs his AK type of hand.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      thanks Veriz

I guess checking is like giving up on the hand and it would be hard for me to rep a credible hand by delayed c-betting the turn or something?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      thanks Veriz

I guess checking is like giving up on the hand and it would be hard for me to rep a credible hand by delayed c-betting the turn or something?
      Well, it would be hard for you to Check/Call turn and river. :(