This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 89s in SB

• nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.50/$1
      8 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $117.35
      UTG+1: $53.50
      MP1: $174.50
      MP2: $16.50
      CO: $19.50
      Button: $80.55
      Hero: $27.25
      BB: $48.50

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with 9 8
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 3 folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 9 Q 8 ($4, 4 players)
      Hero bets $3.5, BB folds, UTG+1 raises to $7, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 5 ($18, 2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $21, Hero calls all-in $19.25.
      Uncalled bets: $1.75 returned to UTG+1.

River: Q ($56.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $56.5)

Results:
      Final pot: $56.5
  • 3 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Although, I would play it differently, I like the way you played it. especially, the flop call.

I would c/r though.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      Although, I would play it differently, I like the way you played it. especially, the flop call.

I would c/r though.
      mmh against unknown I personally would also prefer to bet in first as nttflox did. The two pair looks nice but is vulnerable.

O.k. there is a rainbow flop some gutshot possibilities and the Q. Most worried I would be about hands like Qx which could make a higher two pair.

So I wouldn't like to give villain any possible freecard, for sure willing to get broke if no absolute ugly situation appears.

But for sure c/r is a way to play it here also, I think it's a question of preferences and of course of reads we have.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      It is totally fine to play this hand as it was played by nttflox. I just said that I play it differently and I have a reason for that) I simply c/r my draws in this spot, so I would c/r with my made hands on a dry board (2pair+) or given some other circumstances. For the balance))

But this is not a standard play. I demand some reads, of course, and when I see that c/r is not very suitable, I would bet it straightforward.