This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10: What do I have?

• bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      What does my line suggest?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.67)
      Hero ($9.93)
      UTG ($11.20)
      UTG+1 ($20.28)
      CO ($10.32)
      BTN ($16.76)

Dealt to Hero XX

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.25) 5:spade: A:heart: 9:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.93, Hero calls $0.93, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($3.11) 5:spade: A:heart: 9:spade: T:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.60, Hero raises to $5.93, CO folds

Hero shows XX

Hero wins $5.89

Analysis

So I'm interested in what my line looks like I'm holding here. I know what I was trying to represent, but want to see what others think

I call from the BB because UTG+1 has done a lot of limp-calling, so I feel I'll be getting good odds.

Flop comes with an Ace and two hearts, it seems quite a co-ordinated board.

CO c-bets like they have done a lot. I call. UTG+1 folds (had fold to c-bet of around 75%)

Turn comes another spade. I check to CO, CO bets roughly half pot. I come through with a check-raise of roughly pot size. CO folds.
  • 3 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      With weak Ax you should c/f the flop, strong ones should c/r.
      With air you should definitely c/f.
      The only hands that make sense to c/c on the flop are A :spade: x :spade: , a Khigh flush and maybe a set, but with a set you should usually go for value and c/r.

So on the turn your range should only include good flushes and maybe sets.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      you are not raising that big whit nutz .
      You already see his bet is 1/2 pot so if you
      had it you probably would go whit a smaller check raise
      to get some value from Ax since it looks that he doesn't have a strong hand to call.
      I probably would put you on bluff or
      some medium strong hands which are turned in to bluff.. I don't think you have some medium suited connectors who made flush, since you probably would cr flop whit them, so its nutz or bluff and from cr size i would put you on bluff..
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback guys.

I actually had a bit of a funky hand. Qh 9h I usually wouldn't bother playing that hand pre-flop in general, but being almost certain the utg+1 would call meant I had decent odds just to see a flop.

Flop came and I was ready to give up. But then I thought I could float and try to take him off a mid hand on the turn by either repping a flush or betting big making it too big for his hand. Usually I wouldn't do this, but I felt like experimenting here and just had a feeling he didn't have much