NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($11.67)
      Hero ($9.93)
      UTG ($11.20)
      UTG+1 ($20.28)
      CO ($10.32)
      BTN ($16.76)

Dealt to Hero XX

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, UTG+1 calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.25) 5:spade: A:heart: 9:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.93, Hero calls $0.93, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($3.11) 5:spade: A:heart: 9:spade: T:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.60, Hero raises to $5.93, CO folds

Hero shows XX

Hero wins $5.89

Analysis

So I'm interested in what my line looks like I'm holding here. I know what I was trying to represent, but want to see what others think

I call from the BB because UTG+1 has done a lot of limp-calling, so I feel I'll be getting good odds.

Flop comes with an Ace and two hearts, it seems quite a co-ordinated board.

CO c-bets like they have done a lot. I call. UTG+1 folds (had fold to c-bet of around 75%)

Turn comes another spade. I check to CO, CO bets roughly half pot. I come through with a check-raise of roughly pot size. CO folds.
  • 3 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      With weak Ax you should c/f the flop, strong ones should c/r.
      With air you should definitely c/f.
      The only hands that make sense to c/c on the flop are A :spade: x :spade: , a Khigh flush and maybe a set, but with a set you should usually go for value and c/r.

So on the turn your range should only include good flushes and maybe sets.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      you are not raising that big whit nutz .
      You already see his bet is 1/2 pot so if you
      had it you probably would go whit a smaller check raise
      to get some value from Ax since it looks that he doesn't have a strong hand to call.
      I probably would put you on bluff or
      some medium strong hands which are turned in to bluff.. I don't think you have some medium suited connectors who made flush, since you probably would cr flop whit them, so its nutz or bluff and from cr size i would put you on bluff..
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Thanks for the feedback guys.

I actually had a bit of a funky hand. Qh 9h I usually wouldn't bother playing that hand pre-flop in general, but being almost certain the utg+1 would call meant I had decent odds just to see a flop.

Flop came and I was ready to give up. But then I thought I could float and try to take him off a mid hand on the turn by either repping a flush or betting big making it too big for his hand. Usually I wouldn't do this, but I felt like experimenting here and just had a feeling he didn't have much