Heads up FL

• 34 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I'm gonna play it against a higher stakes player saturday :P When watching it it looks fun, but the rake is a killer. I think it's best to wait till like 5/10 before starting it.

Ofcourse it's profitable, ask schnibl0r/sbrugby/TheBryce ;)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Got any tips? :)
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      I'm also very curious about HU FL.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I'm gonna play it against a higher stakes player saturday :P When watching it it looks fun, but the rake is a killer. I think it's best to wait till like 5/10 before starting it.

Ofcourse it's profitable, ask schnibl0r/sbrugby/TheBryce ;)
      Hmm I don't know anything about a HU between us two.

Who's your opponent? :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Soon I'll be playing higher than you ciRith ;)

Makomar, dutch/spanish hand judge and coach :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Soon I'll be playing higher than you ciRith ;)
      I think so too. :/ (No wonder I play 3-6k hands / month.)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I only play lots in holidays, rest it's like 2k per week.

But I'm already looking forward to that HU, first time I can play HU serious against a good player.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Gl then. :)

Get the trophy for our forum. :D
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Good luck :D
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Ya, good luck, as an answer to the first question, yes there are $ to be earned in FL HU, but as already said, wait for a little higher limits since the rake is huge. When playing FL HU make sure to have all the math behind poker since this variant is one of the variants where the correct math matters the most (at least according to the players trying to construct a winning poker-bot - read an article on that matter).

But good luck.. Or come to think of it.. you won't need luck in poker, just a big sample size :)

Best regards,
      Mugge
    • Sicilianpimp
      Sicilianpimp
      Bronze
      extremely profitable. I play mostly sh or hu fl and as long as your playing high enough its a great way to make money. Hu is great because unless someone gets ludicrisly lucky, the smarter and better player ALWAYS wins. If you beleave you are a better player then your opponent then I say play that guy untill you take his entire roll. In HU you can dominate weaker players so greatly you can make upwards of 30 bb per hour.
    • Sicilianpimp
      Sicilianpimp
      Bronze
      As for tips on HU fl... well just be aggressive in position, try to constantly vary your play so your not readable, and figure out asap how your opponent thinks.

look at where in the world your opponent is from this can give clues into his background.

call him down with marginal hands the first few hands. this not only will make him possibly think your a weak loose player, but you will also see exactly how he thinks and bets.

dont be afraid to check raise turns with absolutely nothing if you feel your opponent also has nothing, then also you must follow it up on river with a bet. (this is for out of position)

in position sometimes checking the flop with a good holding will induce a bluff on turn from your opponent. it will nearly always do so with aggressive players. then you can raise him on turn and make slightly more in the hand then you would have by simply betting the flop yourself.

once your opponent is down a stack or two keep pressure very high if you think hes susceptable to panicking.

Just remember in heads up you will only flop something 1/3 of the time 2/3 of the time youll flop NOTHING. this also gos for your opponent so learn to steal from opponent when he hits nothing.

Ok i am rambling now lol... hope atleast some of this helped though

gl
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sicilianpimp
      In HU you can dominate weaker players so greatly you can make upwards of 30 bb per hour.
      yeah right... by playing how many tables ? ^^
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      250 hands, schnibl0r vs me. Think he can make 30BB/h on 1 table then ^^
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      even then i don´t think so but maybe it would be close ;)

e.g. matthias wahls (co founder of ps.cc and successful 100/200 player) wasn´t able to get a better winrate than 2-2,5 bb/100 at the micro limits exept 5/10c during is bankrollbuilding. he didn´t play heads up though but i think it´s easy to see what i want to make clear... (sample size wasn´t that big as well)
    • BDL
      BDL
      Bronze
      I've tried some heads up and although I've made excellent profit for the amount of time I've played on .50/1.00 I really don't "get it." I've just been exploiting the abysmal preflop game of my opponents.

The more info on this topic the better or, if anyone knows good books about FL HU or a coach who specializes in it, I'd really appreciate it. It seems like it could be very lucrative if you can find weak players to bash.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      2-2.5BB/100 on microlimits is not a lot for a player like him ;x

I *think* that I can get at least 5 constant on micro SH...
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      2-2.5BB/100 on microlimits is not a lot for a player like him ;x
      exactly. that´s what i want to make clear. he had a monster edge but couldn´t get more than that... i´m still refering to this 30bb/hour thing... it´s just WRONG and IMPOSSIBLE imo (at 1 table, most likely even on 2 or 3)

I *think* that I can get at least 5 constant on micro SH...
      i don´t think so ;) . but the "discussion" is useless because you will never try :D
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      My poker career is a big heater anyway, so I'll probably reach 20 :D