[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK vs overbetter

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      No Idea what to do here. I dont think his overbet really means he's strong here. Should I be raising the flop? Call and fold the turn? I think its tough for him to fold any Tx hand on turn when I shove?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $13.4
      Hero:
      $10.36

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , K:spade:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) T:spade: , 5:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.9, Hero calls $0.90.

Turn: ($2.45) 8:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $4.6, Hero raises to $9.16 (All-In), BB calls $4.56.

River: ($20.77) 9:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.77

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kh Ks)
      BB shows two-pair, tens and eights (Th 8h)

BB wins with two-pair, tens and eights (Th 8h)
  • 6 replies
    • Firefly52
      Firefly52
      Bronze
      On flop, I personally would have put in a rather large raise, because of the flush possibilities and because you are likely to have the best hand.

I think he will only majorly overbet on the turn if he is afraid of the rivercard / a pure bluff. 2 suits on the board already that would probably be another diamond. So unless you have a read on him, I would put him on a set, maybe maybe 2 pair or QQ / JJ.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Hmm. I'm beating a flush draw on the turn too though. And my equity is even better is he has Tdxd compared to it being a flip on the flop. I so rarely give people T5/T2/52 in their raised pot range, and if he has turned 2pair its too bad for me. I also don't believe that people will overbet the pot with a set on the flop and the turn. I accept that these people DO exist, and that I'm probably going to lose money to them in these spots lol.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop: I would also just smooth call him here. Some players like to overplay their FD so I would just call his overbet to see how the board develops. If turn comes nice I'm going broke with raise-shoving.

Turn: This card doesn't help his range often, so I like your raise here. I would do the same. We're far ahead of FD and he's not representing one when leading out strong for the second time. I also don't put him on T5, 52, T2 or T8, more often AT or KT. I would play the same way you did. Nice hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

No Idea what to do here. I dont think his overbet really means he's strong here. Should I be raising the flop?

Not really, you would just isolate yourself against very strong hands. I really doubt that he would anyways overbet here with just pure air. We can't exclude sets here. Calling is fine.

Call and fold the turn? I think its tough for him to fold any Tx hand on turn when I shove?

Well, he wont fold any Tx hand here anyways. But rather the question is if he is really spewing away money with just TP? This will rarely happen that you will see such spewtards in the play who play their TPs like that. For that given reason it's kinda hard to continue on turn and without good reads/reason I might even consider making the crying fold. I mean we have invested only 1/10 of our stack. Can we really be that sure that he ain't playing this way with nuts? Can we be sure that he is playing this way with Tx?

Also seeing the hand afterwards I am pretty sure he wouldn't even Bet overpot again on turn unless he is really some kind of spewtard who spews away his money. :D We are still making the decision for 100BB not 50 or 60. I know that's hard to fold here but sometimes it's safer to give away the $1 or whatever you have invested than make those hero-lines. If he is spewing away his money you will get him anyways on later hands.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Another Wow. I'm not sure I'm capable of calling the flop and just crying fold the turn here. Obviously his unconventional line means that I pay him off. I'll need to think about this more. I don't think it is a standard spot.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Another Wow. I'm not sure I'm capable of calling the flop and just crying fold the turn here. Obviously his unconventional line means that I pay him off. I'll need to think about this more. I don't think it is a standard spot.
      Well, not really. Even if you take into account the results you will see most likely him going for a smaller bet on turn, most likely even 1/2 pot size or whatsoever with his Tx.