This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ 1 overcard vs shortstack

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      He donks me on the flop and I think a call is pretty standard. He checks the turn which makes me think he has some kind of PP so I bet for value and to protect incase he has donked air/overcards. River seems to be a blank and he donks small again. I decide to just call.

Would it be better to just check back the turn and call a river bet? My turn bet is with the intention of getting a free showdown so I'm kind of annoyed when he leads at me.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.6
      Hero:
      $11.26

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.70) K:heart: , 6:diamond: , 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.30) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.9, SB calls $0.90.

River: ($3.10) 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.7, Hero calls $0.70.

Final Pot: $4.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Js Jd)
      SB shows two-pair, kings and threes (Ks 3s)

SB wins with two-pair, kings and threes (Ks 3s)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, I actually don't like that much the bet on turn. I mean you can't really protect from much and can't get much value from a lot worse either. I'd rather take pot control to get called on river by hands like 6x or whatsoever weaker pairs/PPs.

But as played He ain't bluffing there. :P You can give it up even for that given odds.

Best Regards.