[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AT middle pair vs turn donk

• Meemawuk
      I get donked again.

Should I just fold it on the turn? His check call - donk line doesnt really make much sense to me?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:diamond: , T:club:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) K:heart: , T:spade: , 9:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.4, BB calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.45) 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.93, Hero calls $0.93.

River: ($3.31) 6:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $3.31

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Tc)
      BB shows a pair of kings (Kd Js)

BB wins with a pair of kings (Kd Js)
  • 2 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      I get donked again.

Should I just fold it on the turn? His check call - donk line doesnt really make much sense to me?
      I don't agree about that. On flop it may look like quite dry, but this turn completes many hands from his range...makes them stronger.

Flop: Agree with cbetting here. Maybe we could bet a bit more but your amount is ok. When he calls us, he might have some draw - AQ, J8, Q9, AJ, - or some pair/2 pair combo -> KT, K9, T9, KQ, KJ, JT. This flop hit his range pretty much so I wouldn't overplay my second pair here.

Board: K:heart: T:spade: 9:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     38.08%  35.41%   2.67% { AdTc }
      SB     61.92%  59.25%   2.67% { AQs-ATs, K8s+, Q9s+, J9s+, T9s, AQo-ATo, K8o+, QTo+, JTo }

Turn: So when dangerous turn comes and he donks, I pretty much give him some 2 pair combo. He wants to protect from draws, now the FD is out there, so he wants to take it immediately. My range for him would be:

Board: K:heart: T:spade: 9:club:  8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     17.86%  17.28%   0.58% { AdTc }
      SB     82.14%  81.55%   0.58% { K8s+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, AhTh, KQo, KTo-K8o, QJo, JTo }

We can expect another bet on the river and we won't be happy with most of the cards we see there.

I would just fold on the turn, because he's not bluffing it very often and our hand is not so strong to call him and hope he checks to us on the river.
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

The turn card is just horrible for us, it completes a lot of 2pairs/straights. I don't really like to Call there and most likely rather give it up. You could be already pretty much dead with your hand and no outs at all.

Best Regards.