[NL2-NL10] NL10 66 flopped set with initiative.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I figure I'm getting a call from all pocket pairs and flush draws on the flop.

Turn is the same except now I'm losing to 77. Still protecting against the Flush draws.

Spade on river is kinda crappy. I decide to check and he bets so small that I can never fold. What happens if he shoves the river? Do I have to call? Is it better to bet fold?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $19.61
      Hero:
      $12.52
      CO:
      $5

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 6:diamond: , 6:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.00) 6:spade: , 3:diamond: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.62, CO calls $0.62, SB folds.

Turn: ($2.24) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.9, CO calls $1.90.

River: ($6.04) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.9, Hero calls $0.90.

Final Pot: $7.84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, sixes (6d 6c)
      CO shows (As Th)

Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, sixes (6d 6c)
  • 3 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Flop: We're against two players so I would definitely cbet more. We won't get called by only overpairs, there might be some FD, SD and even some A3, A6 and some random hands calling us. We want to build the pot so I would cbet at least $0,72.

Turn: When CO calls us, we want to get it in since he's shortstack. I like your bet very much! We're behind 77 and 45, but we have his range crushed so we should bet strong so we'll be able to shove the rest of the stack on the river.

River: It's a bad card but when he calls us 2 streets I don't give him FD here. He might call us with A :spade: 3 :spade: and A :spade: 7 :spade: but more often he has some medium overpair which he likes. I like your c/c here.

Would I call his shove on the river? Yes, he has less than 1/2 pot left and I see many 2 pair combo or some overpair.

Against him bet/fold is out of the question. We don't have reads on him, but he might do it with much more than 45, 89, 77, TT and :spade: :spade: . Sure, range of beating hands is wide, but I don't think he would play it this passive when board was developing so dangerously.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Thanks. When reviewing this hand I didnt notice the stack size. Now I remember it, I definitely noticed his stack size whilst playing the hand, and was never folding the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

I don't like your bet that much on flop. Against those loose-cannons just Bet bigger and near the pot. If they have any kind of hand they are going to pay you anyways.

Spade on river is kinda crappy. I decide to check and he bets so small that I can never fold. What happens if he shoves the river? Do I have to call? Is it better to bet fold?

Well, it's really cruel spot. While he doesn't have much left and he could easily even have any kind of overpair I'd just ship myself. There ain't many 2pairs in his range anyways so only hands we are hoping for are just some overpairs. But obviously for the given odds we are never going to fold it. If the guy would even ship it I would really be even towards folding my hand, I mean what hands do we beat there which ships the river when flush completes? To avoid that dumb situation just ship yourself on river while there are a lot of overpairs in his range and maybe even worse hands.

Best Regards.