[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Is My line okay here? he's repping a massively polarised range here i think. Like 99 or KK. I honestly think he should be leading the turn with 9x

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $8
      Hero:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:spade: , J:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.65) K:diamond: , 9:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.65) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.47, MP2 raises to $0.94, Hero calls $0.47.

River: ($2.53) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.3, Hero calls $1.30.

Final Pot: $5.13

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Qc Td)
      Hero shows two-pair, jacks and nines (Js Jd)

Hero wins with two-pair, jacks and nines (Js Jd)
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      He looks very loose so I'm not sure his play deserves so much respect.

Preflop: Why aren't your 3betting him? He's playing 50/37 and you won't be happy with many flops which will have overcard to your hand. I would raise to $1,10.

Flop: When he checks I would throw a bet to see where I'm. With betting here we shouldn't get out of line for the rest of the hand. I would plan to 1/2 pot on the turn if nice under 9 card comes.

Turn: He checks for the second time so we have to get some value from his FD or SD or some kind of PP. When he miniraises it sure gets ugly. Before calling it we should be able to give him the range he does it with. I just can't find his range, so I gave him his preflop:

Board: K:diamond: 9:diamond: 9:spade:  6:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     43.63%  43.44%   0.19% { 55+, A2s+, K5s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, A7o+, K9o+, Q9o+, JTo }
      BU     56.37%  56.18%   0.19% { JdJs }

Even against this range we have a bit more than a flip. Of course he's not doing it with his whole range, so I would rather give him something like:

Board: K:diamond: 9:diamond: 9:spade:  6:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      CO     60.83%  60.43%   0.40% { 66+, Q9s, J9s, T8s+, 98s, AdKd, AsKs, AdQd, AsQs, KdQd, KsQs, AdJd, AsJs, KdJd, KsJs, QdJd, QsJs, AdTd, AsTs, KdTd, KsTs, QdTd, QsTs, Ad9d, As9s, Kd9d, Ks9s, Ad8d, As8s, Kd8d, Ks8s, Ad7d, As7s, Kd7d, Ks7s, Ad6d, As6s, Kd6d, Ks6s, Ad5d, As5s, Ad4d, As4s, Ad3d, As3s, Ad2d, As2s, AKo, A9o, KJo+, K9o, QJo, Q9o, JTo }
      BU     39.17%  38.76%   0.40% { JdJs }

Against this range we're behind. And not only that, but we can expect another bet on the river so we'll have another tough decision there if we decide to call him. It's very hard to fold to miniraise against this kind of loose guy but this would prevent us from thinking about making a "hero call" on the river.

I would recommend playing more aggressively preflop and on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Against min-raise you can easily even 3bet for value, plus the opponent seems to be playing wide range.

As played
      Flop: Why not just Bet it and protect your hand here? :) As yaxkukmian said to bet "where I am", there is no such a bet but rather you still trying to protect your hand. He most likely wont Check on such a drawy board with made hands.

As played
      Turn: His line doesn't make sense at all, I would definitely Call the turn as well. He may pick that easily even with any kind of semi-bluff/bluff. He would bet with any 9x/Kx on flop or turn already himself to protect his hand.
      River: Although it becomes kinda hard on river while the draw completes. As I said his range consist of a lot semi-bluffs and for given that reason it's kinda hard to Call the river. Although now again I guess he also has still even bluffs here and for the given odds ain't wrong the Call.

Best Regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Do you really think he's checkraising the turn with diamonds but not c-betting the flop with diamonds? Seems unlikely to me.

Obviously because I dont protect on the flop he reads my hand as weak and plays accordingly. I should be betting the flop obviously. I like how the hand played though, gave me some insight into how hands can play differently.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Do you really think he's checkraising the turn with diamonds but not c-betting the flop with diamonds? Seems unlikely to me.

Obviously because I dont protect on the flop he reads my hand as weak and plays accordingly. I should be betting the flop obviously. I like how the hand played though, gave me some insight into how hands can play differently.
      Well, you can never be sure. They might just get offended by you to try take down on turn while it doesn't make sense either you to bet there. If you had a made hand why didn't you bet the flop?