[NL2-NL10] [MSS-NL4] AQ, A comes on river and villain check-raises

• datalogg
      $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, 5 folds, BB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.26) 5, 8, 5 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.5) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.5) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.28, BB raises to $0.56, Hero ?.

Villain called my c-bet on flop, turn completes a flush draw but villain checks. I check too.
      River is an Ace and I have top pair. Villain checks again so I can say that he doesn't have a flush. I bet 28c. I should have bet more, maybe I accidentally clicked the half pot button instead of the 75%. Now he min-raises.

I lose from AK, A8, A5, AT, which he could have. Also from a weak flush that he decided not to bet.
      I win a bluff and every Ace except the ones I mentioned before, but I don't think he would raise with any of these. Maybe a very aggresive player would but I didn't have any reliable stats for him. Also some big pocket pair like QQ-KK.

Should I call this? The chart suggests to call this raise but I don't feel very comfortable with this.
      Thank you.
  • 2 replies
    • Tampaloeres81

I think I'd check back the river.
      By which hands (we beat)do you expect to get called?

As played you are in a shitty spot. You get really good odds, but to call he needs to bluff some times and/or c/r a weaker ace...

• burek2000
      Hey datalogg,

I like the river v-bet. But once you get check/raised you can fold without feeling bad. You are very seldom if ever good there because worse would usually play donk or check/call.

Because you get such good odds you could consider calling for information if you find it useful and sometimes you can even find yourself ahead, but bet/fold river should be the standard line here.

Best regards,