[NL2-NL10] top two .. should i fold?

• Meckh20
      Meckh20
      Basic
      I played this hand on NL50 euro on diamondbet. I am not sure what he represents with his shove? do you think i should be able to lay it down as it was played?

I don't got any stats on him but this play seems rather fishy in my eyes so dno if i can fold? what do you guys think? please explain

Hero (MP): $50.00
      CO: $111.04
      BTN: $51.03
      SB: $65.91
      BB: $144.00
      UTG: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with J K
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) K J 8 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($12.25) 8 (3 players)
      BB bets $4.00, Hero raises to $13, CO folds, BB calls $9

River: ($38.25) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $127.00, Hero calls $33 all in
  • 4 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Meckh20,

i think posting hands and evaluating them with your peers is a very very important step in any poker player's development. we actually have forums dedicated for this function where professional hand judges evaluate hands, but i'm afraid you won't be able to access the NL50 sections yet as i can see your membership is still at basic. you haven't taken the quiz yet? anything we can help you with?

as such, i can leave your thread here for comment by other members :)

for the future, it might help if you take a look at our hand evaluation rules. ive highlighted some below, but you can read the link for more info :)

4. Write an informative headline.
      Your headline should include the limit, variation and situation at hand. Here is an example:
      NL50 SH KJ Flopped Top 2Pair

5. Use a hand converter.
      Nothing is more painstaking and time consuming than trying to piece together the pieces of an unconverted hand.
      You can use the PokerStrategy.com Hand Converter to convert hands from the most popular poker platforms:
      PokerStrategy.com Poker Hand Converter

smiles,
      wendy

ps i'm no hand judge but here's my personal 2 cents for it :) (i'm a showdown monkey tho so take my advice with a grain of salt) :D

- i would bet bigger on flop as it is quite drawy and you want to make hands like QT pay.
      - also i don't see any suits in your post. did any flush draws complete?
      - i like the turn raise because his donk is very weak and looks like potcontrolling to make a cheap draw. i would fold here to an overshove though because he is repping only an 8 and nothing else. but he only calls so hmmm.
      - on river, his shove looks kinda bluffy tbh, and there are certainly lots of busted draws or worse hands in his range such as QT, 9T, JT, KQ more than 8x so i would probably call here too.
      - if he is super passive or nitty, we might be able to find a fold

edit: although wait, i didnt see that he bet into 2 ppl which is considerably stronger. this is the reason why you want to bet bigger on flop.
    • Meckh20
      Meckh20
      Basic
      Sorry Wendy i am new to this forum so i will try to do that ;) and ye i don't have acces im just basic member.

Anyway i totally agree with betting bigger on the flop but i don't know if i can putt him on an 8 in this spot? i don't have any stats for him and to call with an 8 after betting i bet into 2 people and someone calls it would be very spewy...

But ye the backdoor flush completed and he showed 10/9 of clubs
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      will move this to the hand evaluation forums so our judges can see it :)
      will move it to the NL10 forums though so you can still see the evaluation as a basic member even though i know the hand is NL50
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meckh20,

Well, suits are missing. :(

But as played well without even suits it's really hard to say. Most likely I'd be towards betting the turn bigger and then as well raising even the turn bigger. But as played I doubt that we can get away so easily. Would be nice to see the suits as well I might even change my mind.

Best Regards.