NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.24)
      BB ($4)
      Hero ($13.13)
      UTG+1 ($10.57)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($11.12)

villain 35/28/4.3AF
      can i make a profitable calldown in this spot? villain is really aggro, & i think his bluff range is huge on the flop compared to his value range. or am i just lucky he didnt show up w/ Axd?

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:club:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.90) 9:diamond: 5:diamond: A:heart:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, SB raises to $2.20, BB folds, Hero calls $1.55

TURN ($5.30) 9:diamond: 5:diamond: A:heart: 7:diamond:

SB bets $2.70, Hero calls $2.70

RIVER ($10.70) 9:diamond: 5:diamond: A:heart: 7:diamond: T:club:

SB bets $4.20, Hero calls $4.20

SB shows 9:club: 8:club:
      (Pre 39%, Flop 19.1%, Turn 15.9%)

Hero shows K:diamond: A:club:
      (Pre 61%, Flop 80.9%, Turn 84.1%)

Hero wins $18.18
  • 5 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      When you call his flop raise do you just think he's complete airball bluffing the Ax board with 2 diamonds in a multiway raised pot? Calling him down IMO means you think he is more likely to have a complete bluff than a set or semibluff combined on the flop.

Seems very thin to me at NL10. I don't think this is happening very often.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Yes i agree its too thin,i think it might be ok on a non diamond turn, only because he had been super agressive & reps such a narrow value range.. Even so prolly just a spew play by me :facepalm:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Well, first of all I'd ask you why do you even Bet so smallish. :P This might even induce him to raise you. I would most likely myself CBet ~$0,80. But as you get raised it's kinda close.

Do you want to give him great odds for draws? Or rather raise it and protect your hand while he is super aggressive. Of course Calling is fine, although if there some draws even complete and you still do such hero-calls then I wouldn't recommend picking such a line, then rather 3bet right on flop.

Therefore, as you went so far what do you think you beat on turn? FD completed and also strong sets are possible. You beat only pure bluffs here but is he even capable of having it? I would even consider folding it on turn since it's one of the worst cards for us while I picked a pot control line.

Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Well, first of all I'd ask you why do you even Bet so smallish. This might even induce him to raise you. I would most likely myself CBet ~$0,80. But as you get raised it's kinda close.
      Is ~2/3 not standard in this spot? If i cbet closer to pot wont it take a lot of bluffs out of my range and narrow my range to mostly strong made hands? Also cbetting 2/3 to make my bluffs cheaper.. Or is this wrong line of thinking when i need to focus on protection?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dannywratten
      Well, first of all I'd ask you why do you even Bet so smallish. This might even induce him to raise you. I would most likely myself CBet ~$0,80. But as you get raised it's kinda close.
      Is ~2/3 not standard in this spot? If i cbet closer to pot wont it take a lot of bluffs out of my range and narrow my range to mostly strong made hands? Also cbetting 2/3 to make my bluffs cheaper.. Or is this wrong line of thinking when i need to focus on protection?
      Well, as I see you are against pretty loose opponents then I doubt that there is any balance needed. Also most likely you wouldn't even bluff here into 2 opponents on such a board that often when they are loose. Obviously the 2/3 ain't wrong but just take from the other view, if the opponents have any kind of draw or whatsoever made hand they are willing to pay you anyways and no need to balance against those opponents.