SSS-raises behind

• adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      The basic strategy sais that if I have raised and another opponent raises behind I should always go all-in with JJ+ and AK. Isn’t that range too loose? The players from microlimits are very passive. A lot of them only 3bet with KK or AA. Today I lost JJ vs AA after my opponent raised me behind. Even though I hadn’t reads on him I was sure he had a better hand than my jacks.
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would bet/fold with JJ when someone would re-raise.
      With QQ+, AK, you should always shove.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      on the short term you may loose, but on the long term if you will play correctly you will definitely win with SSS ;)
    • blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      adr0001 i agree with u :)

i play SSS and usually loose majority of my winnings when i play like this against reraises from behind or steal raises - pushes. I think SSS is made more for micro limits where people usually reraise with crap hands like ATo against your UTG raises or they push u all in with 77-KJ from steal raises. On the higher limits you are usually against good players so personally i think u re behind or the gap between your and his hand is so tight (that i usually loose the coninflip around 70% of the time).

I was looking at PT db of my winning top hands(and the biggest looser is AK and JJ), they are still making profit (but its so small) cause of this behind raises that i either make for couple of blinds in whole month with em. My W$WS dropped in 2 says from 70% down to 52% probably either cause i was ahead and lost to a 2 outer on the river or when i was behind preflop :) .
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Interesting, when I played SSS AKo was one of my more profitable hands actually.
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by blackstone1
      I think SSS is made more for micro limits where people usually reraise with crap hands like ATo against your UTG raises or they push u all in with 77-KJ from steal raises. On the higher limits you are usually against good players so personally i think u re behind or the gap between your and his hand is so tight (that i usually loose the coninflip around 70% of the time).
      From what I saw, people at micro limits call you with many crap hands, but don't reraise you. They are loose passive. Of course, there are some maniacs, but not so many. I also play with a big stack and the tendencies are the same. I saw a lot of players limping with premium hands and then losing their stack with TPTK or an overpair in a multiway pot. When I play with a big stack I respect their 3bets. Usually they have AA or KK. I didn't play higher limits, but from what I've heard people are very agressive. They 3bet with a wider range and seldom call a raise instead of 3betting.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      on the short term you may loose, but on the long term if you will play correctly you will definitely win with SSS ;)
      I said you will win on long term if you play "correctly". Downswings, suckouts happens to all of us. THE MOST IMPORTANT IS TO FOLLOW THE BRM! STRICTLY follow the SSS for the limits up to NL50, then you have to modify your play a little, but nevertheless in general you have to follow the SSS. Actually is working very well. I was playing SSS from NL10 and i am still playing it in NL100 and i am doing OK, except on NL10 i didnt have much success but that is also due to that you are learing on lower limits and you start earning on higher limits of course with a lots and lots of hands behind you...;)

BTW....For AK,, this is one the most profitable hands...see below...

• blackstone1
      blackstone1
      Bronze
      hehe nice stats drago ;)

look at mine

AA - 95%
      KK - 76%
      QQ - 74%
      JJ - 66%
      Aks - 76%
      AKo - 68%

if i only had those stats you have :) (easy money)