[NL2-NL10] UTG AKo vs flop donkbet NL2 6-max

• tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Villain VPIP 15 and PFR 5 in 109hands

I thought that he was donking with FD or weaker ace(of course might be 22 and 44). What is the best line on the flop? And how to play turn when FD completes?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.58)
      BB ($3.35)
      Hero ($2.10)
      UTG+1 ($0.81)
      CO ($3.34)
      BTN ($1.97)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:club:

Hero raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.17) A:diamond: 4:diamond: 2:spade:

BB bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.32, BB calls $0.16

TURN ($0.81) A:diamond: 4:diamond: 2:spade: 6:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.81) A:diamond: 4:diamond: 2:spade: 6:diamond: 8:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks
  • 2 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      NL2 platinum?

I dont think it is bad to raise the flop if you think he will call with worse Ax hands. However, If you decide to raise here, why minraise? You give him the correct price to draw.

I probably still bet the turn for a free showdown and to get value from/protect vs Ax with a diamond.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello tadcka,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Well, usually they tend to donk anyways with weaker hands or draws or even Ax of course and sets. But on those limits I doubt that your raise is totally of while they definitely will have here a very wide range and against which you can easily raise it for protection/value. Or another possibility would be of course to take a passive line and just Call vs his almost pot size bet.

Although if you decide to raise then you can't raise it so smallish, with the min-raise you are giving the opponent very good odds for any draws. Raise it normally ~$0,60 would be mine.

Best Regards.