[NL2-NL10] JJ fold pre?

• Veeziits
      That raise 2bb raise seemed wierd so I 3betted, after th 4bet I wanted to fold but than decided to play the hand with a plan to go broke on most flops...
      so the correct action would be to fold after 4bet?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, J.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 raises to $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.14, 4 folds, MP1 raises to $0.42, Hero calls $0.28.

Flop: ($0.89) 4, 2, 2 (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.85, Hero raises to $1.70(All-In), MP1 calls $0.36.

Turn: ($3.8) 4 (2 players)

River: ($3.8) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.8.
  • 2 replies
    • Firefly52
      Depends on reads I think, against a very tight opponent I would fold, against a good player I would probably fold, and against a fish / maniac I would shove. His stack is at 80bb which is a bit lucky for us here.

Calling preflop with the idea of going broke on flop doesn't seem a great idea to me, as a lot of hands Ax / Kx will call if they have you beat, fold otherwise. so calling down gives them good implied odds. Unless you are capable of folding whenever there is an A or K on the board, which is likely to be quite often.

The 422 flop is a perfect flop to shove on though.
    • veriz
      Hello Veeziits,

Well, I don't like that much your idea to Call the 4bet. Either way you are shipping it or just folding. I'd be towards folding since unless he is a maniac you wont see a lot worse hands here.

Best Regards.