[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AQo 3-bet pot

• Meemawuk
      At least he didnt donk me eh? lol I'm kidding.

Is the C-bet standard here? I feel like he can have called pre with a lot of PP (set mining) and probably AK. I can make a lot of those pairs fold and AK folds too. Would you ever decide to just check it back? I cant see why you would unless the opponent was some kind of ultra station.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , Q:spade:
      CO raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, CO calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.15) 9:heart: , 8:club: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.35, CO raises to $3.80, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.85
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: Well, what's your plan with the 3bet here at all? Why did you go for it? Do you expect him to Call you with worse Ax hands? I'd rather consider just Calling and playing it postflop than go for bluff-raise.

As played
      Postflop: Nah, I don't like that much the CBet unless I know the opponent. His calling range most likely is rather strong here and I don't really think we are going to make a better hands to fold. And most of those hands we make to fold we are anyways winning with Ace high. Although now again I would ask you why did you 3bet it preflop? What was the idea behind it? Do you expect him to Call loose, then yes, might even possible to CBet here.

Best Regards.