[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH AJs bvb

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      This one is pretty close I think.

I could possibly 3-bet for value vs his sb streal range pre but decide to just play IP and let him have some dominated hands.

Flop I decide to peel because he bets only half pot and his range is pretty wide (a lot of 2 overcard type hands)

I turn top pair which is fine and he bets bigger here. I think it is likely that he will c-bet and barrel the turn if he pairs the jack, so I have most jacks dominated.

River, I am very surprised to see him bet. I'm not sure he would bet 2-pair or Jx like this so I suppose he is telling me he has double barreled with the FD. Which is weird because I can easily have a flush here with something like Jxhh. Without reads I suppose I should just be giving up on the river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $10.31
      Hero:
      $12.55

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) 7:heart: , 6:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.20) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.9, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($3.00) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $7.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (5s 4s)
      Hero shows a pair of jacks (Ad Jd)

Hero wins with a pair of jacks (Ad Jd)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Well, I don't like that much the floating in the first place on such a drawy board. It ain't gonna bring you much. Rather just fold it there.

As played well, you kinda just beat bluff there on river. :( That's the problem and usually also that's the problem when you start floating with such hands, you will face exactly those spots. It's really up to you if you expect the opponent to bluff or not and earlier action.

Best Regards.