[NL2-NL10] Nl10 SH 86s

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Floped the nuts and decided to check. I should probably protect vs flush draws? When he bets I think he has a made hand rather than a draw.

For this reason I decide to donk him on the turn. I think it is tough for him to fold a pair here since I have just check called the flop. River I size small to get called pretty thinly and he lets it go.

Other than checking the flop, is my line okay?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.45
      BU:
      $8.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8:diamond: , 6:diamond:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 7:spade: , 5:spade: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.35) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.1, BU calls $1.10.

River: ($3.55) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.5, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.55
  • 3 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      I don't think he has a made hand on the flop

He most likely has some kind of overcadrs or overcard becose of his VPIP i guess you could put him on a Jx Q9+ or some other rubbish hand.

if he had a overpair like 99, TT i guess he had no reason to raise you on the turn since the turn kills the action for him and the river as well.

Two pair on the flop or set he would definetly raise you on the turn with a 3.5 AF

If you really think he was on a made hand i would raise the flop maybe to 55 cents not to scare him out of the hand

i dont like the check since if you are wrong he could check behind and lose a street of value betting your nuts.

Turn and river looks fine to me :)

Best of luck,
      Bogdan
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

If you are OOP, don't SLOWPLAY! Standard CBet on flop and protect your hand. Or another possibility to Check/Raise the flop if you really expect him to take stabs, no way I am Check/Calling this and giving away free cards.

Best Regards.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      one more thing - don't raise that lose pre flop, from mp3 if you have 53/16 guy on button..