[NL2-NL10] A7o freeplay

• Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      NL 25 SSS stack was $4.65

With so many limpers i just wasn't prepared to bet out?

What is correct?

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with A 7
      UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 7 5 6 ($1.75, 7 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets $0.5, 3 folds, Hero folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: 6 ($2.75, 2 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 bets $0.5, MP1 calls.

River: J ($3.75, 2 players)
      MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Results:
      Final pot: $3.75
  • 5 replies
    • Petrificus
      Petrificus
      Bronze
      I think your fold was absolutly right, since every overpair would have beaten you.
      Following strict to the SSS rules you only should play two pair or better, seeing a freeflop, so guess it was right played.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Petrificus
      I think your fold was absolutly right, since every overpair would have beaten you.
      Following strict to the SSS rules you only should play two pair or better, seeing a freeflop, so guess it was right played.
      TPTK actually. Watto has recently made sure I know what hands should be bet out with with a freeplay :P
    • Watto77
      Watto77
      Bronze
      :D
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      TPTK, indeed... not the strongest hand you can have in 7way pot, though. I definitely wouldn`t bet it ! The board is quite drawy, especially given the unraised pot. I would assume that some of my opponents are very much likely holding a draw hand. This means that my FE is quite low.

I guess I would c/r. Again, the board is drawy and even with the tiny bet he made, the pot is ~ half of your stack. I think it is worth fighting for it, in this spot.
    • Wildknight
      Wildknight
      Bronze
      i think a pair of 7's with an ace kicker even tho TPTK is not a hand to play on that flop, you play vs 7 opponents on a connected board. almost every turn card can ruin your hand and you can't really lead out at that flop. people can also have 2 pair there, sets, or limped with overpairs.. in case people call the raise before you, you'd be scared of 3 4 5 6 8 9 and any other overcard that is not an ace. so you can't really know what to expect and i think waiting for a better situation is the best option. c/r is a also an ok move but since you play at a 7way pot with SSS check raising there will get you committed with a very marginal hand, again, i think waiting for a better situation where you have a substacial edge is the best choice imo.