Grinding 2NL

• Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      So tommorow im starting my grind from 20 Dollars to 100 Dollars to hit the NL4 Then i will be grinding NL4. Assuming that NL2 And NL4 Are the same witch they ussaly are im asking what range should i play when Grinding , Obviously i will play a very few amounts of hands and trying to get maximise value when i hit a big pair but i was wondering weather to limp with other hands.

Heres how i play hands

AA, KK , QQ , JJ AKs AQs AJs = Raises

Now how should I play

22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 10

67s 78s 910s 10js JQs QKs Thanks.
  • 5 replies
    • Scooney
      Scooney
      Bronze
      Its a difficult question to answer as it all depends on position, opponets, etc

But generally you don't want to limp very often, except maybe with small-mid pocket pairs, or into pots where there are already a few limpers and you've got a decent hand like suited connectors. Be aggressive with a tighter range rather than passive with a wider one.
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Scooney
      Its a difficult question to answer as it all depends on position, opponets, etc

But generally you don't want to limp very often, except maybe with small-mid pocket pairs, or into pots where there are already a few limpers and you've got a decent hand like suited connectors. Be aggressive with a tighter range rather than passive with a wider one.
      Good point , I'll Stick to mid pocket pairs and suited connectors only if im able to limp in to a a large pot and hope to hit the flop or if im getting good odds for my money but make sure im late in position
    • Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      Also has anyone got any tips for grinding nl2 ?
    • firebullgr
      firebullgr
      Bronze
      there are some very usefull articles inside pokerstrategy...
      U should spend some time reading before trying "grinding"...
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I started with 10 buyins (just like you) and have made it to around the $40 mark. Just play the BSS starting chart or the MSS starting chart. The hours and volume that Pokerstrategy have put into them make them far superior to what myself or you could formulate.

Work through the Beginners Learning Path to be perfectly honest.

Good luck!