crazy rng :)

• ii40747
      ii40747
      Bronze
      I wanted to give Stars another chance today. Played at PP for the last year and am pretty satisfied with their client. Only problem was I had to struggle with them to get bonuses without which it would be unprofitable playing HU. Since PS has better vip structure I decided to try them again, now as a better player than before.

I can just say that in one whole year of HU sngs at Party I didn't see this much crazy hands like on PS in one day.

So in just about 20 15$ HU sngs I saw 1 outer hitting 4 times, 3 times quads, 5 times straight vs flush, 2 times flush vs higher flush(3 card), 2 times set vs bigger set, 1 time nut flush vs straight flush.

After my experience with Party I have to admit this is something that just doesn't happen there.
      I'm signifantly under EV, didn't lose much but this much action flops turns and rivers I'm telling you I think I didn't see in 1000 HU sngs at party.

So unfortunately I'm heading back to "safe" waters of Party Poker, and struggling with support for bonuses...

Maybe it's just pure variance but this was the reason in first place why I did left a year ago.

Cheers !
  • 7 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Do a quick check:
      Is there a black cloud over your head everywhere you go?
      If so, it might be you.

Some people just have bad stuff happen.
      I used to work at a tax preparer, and we did about 1500 tax returns a year.
      We tracked errors by worker, and by client. The workers were all in the <5% error rate category, but the strange thing is that the errors occurred to only a few clients, whose returns were totally gibbled. It happened to some of them year after year. One poor sap was really polite about it. He sat down and said, "You guys screw up my return every year, but the accountant down the street does the same when I take it to him, and I like you guys better. Please let's be really careful this year."
      So I did his return, and then had the boss check it over. It was all good.
      Then our printer failed. This was before electronic filing.

I think it was his bad luck that caused all this.

Variance applies to people too. As in the phrase, "some people have all the luck". Maybe not, but some get more than their fair share.
    • ii40747
      ii40747
      Bronze
      You missed the point, I did not lose all the hand above it's just that it's so unreal for those to happen in such a small sample. I probably played over 5k HU sngs in my life and only at Stars these crazy hands happen. At party you also have bad beats but 1 outer is realy rare to hit like it should be (2%) and on PS anything is possible. In fact to be in an all in where you or your opp have 1 outer is pretty rare itself, and not to mention that all 4 times that 1 outer gets there. One hand was 99(me) vs A9 all in preflop - flop A76, turn 8, river 9, second was KK vs AK - dont remember the flop but river was a K, then this straight flush thing on the river he hit gutshot straight flush vs my A high flush, and in a FR tournament AK vs AJ vs JJ - flop A32, turn 9, river J.

I was really shocked with these couple of hours :) )
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi ii40747

The human brain wants to see paterns where there are none.

I play quite a few HU SNG on stars and I dont' see anything strange personally.
    • ii40747
      ii40747
      Bronze
      Anything is possible thazar, but in last 500HU sngs at PP I had 2 set over sets and none straight flush vs A high flushes :) And here it all happens in 3-4 hours plus all those other crazy hands :)

Anyway I remember these things happening a year ago over a larger sample and that's why I decied to leave :)

I'm not complaining or anything I just felt need to share how shocked I was. All good, going back to standard PP grind ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Hi ii40747

The human brain wants to see paterns where there are none.

I play quite a few HU SNG on stars and I dont' see anything strange personally.
      +1

The minds sees what it wants to sometimes :(
    • ii40747
      ii40747
      Bronze
      Ok, I don't want to enter another pointless discusion, and have decent sample size from last year to confirm my point. I guess it's in your interest to protect your business :) Anyway I'll stay away from Stars sngs. Also have to say that in cash games this kind of action can be very positive for good players.
    • Styr
      Styr
      Bronze
      I had a few downswings, or to be more precise - downswings with a fair deal of bad plays by me - at Pokerstars. And trust me, I was angry indeed. But I have got past it. Surely, I hate the times when my KK gets aced on the river, or my AA gets flushed down the drain, but then I look at the times when I call an obvious stealing attempt, am dominated, and hit one of my three outs. If it is against a seemingly normal villain, I might even say that I am sorry. What I want to say is, that it all evens out in the long term - yes, I had trouble believeing it myself some time ago, but it is the truth.

As far as PartyPoker is concerned - I had my account closed, for:
      *It was no possible to track it.
      *I'm not a fan of their poker client.
      *They do not seem to have too much traffic.
      *And most importantly at the time, they put in a fee for inactive accounts.

It was after another downswing at Stars I asked them to reopen my account. I blew the money I deposited there and am not going to go back there. The reason is simply, that nothing can beat the Pokerstars client. While I appreciate PartyPoker for making their own, and not using some iPoker client, or whatever it is called, I still find them incredibly slow and can't play for that reason. Also, it might be the very reason you see more strange hands at Pokerstars, because you simply get to play that many more hands in the same timeframe. :)