fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) T:club: 2:club: K:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero folds

BTN wins $0.70
  • 5 replies
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I'd do c-bet and give up on most turns after.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wnbMG,

Giving up here is a bit too weak, I would still CBet with my GS + overcard + fold equity most likely. Reg could mean anything, some regs are fit/fold, some do play back, some do float. :) So with the word reg I can't really expect to get a view of the opponent.

Best Regards.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello wnbMG,

Giving up here is a bit too weak, I would still CBet with my GS + overcard + fold equity most likely. Reg could mean anything, some regs are fit/fold, some do play back, some do float. :) So with the word reg I can't really expect to get a view of the opponent.

Best Regards.
      He folds 46% to cbet...but I really don't expect here to fold right on flop other than low PP. I would bet multiple streets to fold everything but K probably. And there is also a lot of draws which would't fold on flop/river.
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      I would c-bet too the board is drawy but stiil i would go for a seccond barrell and then give it up if you put him on a king rather than an Ace like an AT hand then i think you should give yourself outs for an Ace to since im not seeing your reg flat calling preflop with AK.

As played is it a terrible mistake to call his bet on the flop coach ? :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      He folds 46% to cbet...but I really don't expect here to fold right on flop other than low PP. I would bet multiple streets to fold everything but K probably. And there is also a lot of draws which would't fold on flop/river.

Well, we can still consider even 2nd barreling against that kind of guy, but if we choose to Check then of course it's a Check/Fold. Although there are a lot of 2nd barrel cards for us. :) Even the J.

As played is it a terrible mistake to call his bet on the flop coach ?

Of course. We don't really want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher on such a board and we can't even be sure what's gonna happen on turn&river where he could be easily 2nd barreling. We most likely wont get our implied odds and we don't know what outs are clean.