losing players

• vitas9
      hi guys:) well, ive created a stupid thread yesterday just for fun n it worked lol, well, at least i was laughing. now id like to ask a serious question. im actually playing on 888poker, and i like to watch the highest stakes cash games. one weird thing ive noticed when checking the regular top players on the sharkscope, is that they r actually losing players with horrible stats. but how can it be? they r always there waiting for challengers to play the highest stakes and they dont like to play each other. ive noticed em guys r just sitting n waiting for someone to join instead of just playing each other. looks like a pro behaviour to me, plus they r playing stakes as pros. so they must be real pros, inni? plus, if ure a losing player and u chose to play 250/500 blinds, no matter how much money do u have, soon ull go broke..
      so having that all in mind, im sure they r top players. but why the sharkscope says completely different than? can it be that those guys r intentionally losing sit n goes in order to look really bad on the sharkscope just to get some action in the cash games? what do u think?
  • 3 replies
    • thazar
      Hi Vitas

AFAIK sharkscope only track tournaments and you are talking about CG players. So they could be winning cahs game players (and probably most of them are) and losing tournament players (at least on that site since hte variance is huge in tournies)

does that make sense?

• IngridN
      I moved your thread into the relevant board :)
    • oblitron
      thazar is probably right.

Another explanation could be that Sharkscope doesn't take rakeback / bonuses / rake races into account. Do give you a simplistic example, let's assume you are a prop and are getting 80% rakeback and that your Sharkscope ROI is -5%. For every $10+$1 tournament you enter you seem to be losing $0.55 on average. But for each tournament you are actually getting $0.80 in rakeback, so you're actually winning.