$8.36
      SB:
      $5.05
      BB (Hero):
      $4.39
      CO:
      $5.36

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      CO folds, BU raises to $0.14, SB folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.3) 3, 4, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22.

Turn: ($0.74) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55.

River: ($1.84) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.96, Hero calls $0.96.

Final Pot: $3.76.

Q: Do you think I should fold river here? Player is a regular.
  • 3 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      A regular doesn't help to much stats would be better.

Raise the flop!! it will save you a lot of money in the long run if he 3-bet you have 3 options as ususal and it depends on how do you see this player if his 3-bet range on the flop is QQ+ then fold if not go broke ? (what do you say coach?)not really sure but definitely raise the flop.

As played

on the river i think it is close he could do that with TT too and Pocket 88 are in his range you don't want to give him cheap cards thats why you shoud raise flop and bet turn yourself.

Best regards,
      Bogdan
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      Honestly, in this case, I can't see him having anything other than a flopped set, 99-TT, QQ+. Maybe A7s sometimes (but that would be a very aggressive reg). 56s would be just nasty. I'd guess either a set or QQ+.

If you plan to donk a suitable flop, you're better off 3betting him in the first place.

Is 0.14 his standard steal raise? How high is his ATS?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lukezo,

Depending on your plan, I might just 3bet it preflop for value, regs stealing range is most likely pretty wide there.

Although as played well, it really depends what kind of hand do you put him on and what kind of reg he is. It's really funny that people say reg. :D But what kind of reg? There are a lot of different regs possible.

You have to make your decision right on turn, either you are Calling it on turn and then river also or you are folding it right on turn, no point to Call the turn and then give it up on river.

Best Regards.