BB ($12.19)
      UTG ($15.25)
      UTG+1 ($27.39)
      CO ($20)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.70, fold, Hero calls $0.70, fold, BB calls $0.50

FLOP ($2.20) 4:spade: 7:spade: 5:heart:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $1.10, Hero raises to $3.15, BB folds, UTG+1 raises to $26.69 (AI), Hero calls $16.15 (AI)

Initial raiser is pretty agro donk ,who playshes draws very agressivley, likes to make overbet shove with all sorts of semi bluffy hands like GS,OESD etc.
      Hes stats over 130 hands aree 39/27/16/2.9 vpip/pfr/3bet/aff.
      I didnt want to 3bet him preflop, since there is slim chance of him folding and I also wanted to invite in fishy guy who limped behind in hope I will flop some FD or A which might be good as well.
      So flop brings us FD + GS .
      Villain cbets as he does in 84% of cases and i decided to raise him.
      Now I am not sure if my raise was correct here, since by calling the fish might come in and when I hit am good.
      But from other perspective I thought that hes range is made mostly from OCs and pps.And even if he has piece of the draw our we have pretty big chunk of equity on this board, so we want pot to be bigger.
      He jamed it all in and made me thinking.
      WE need to pay extra 16.15$ to win 21.5$ pot so basicly we need like 40% equity.
      Hes range now is consists of 44+,67s,65s,JTs,JQs,KQs.
      Here is what calcuator has to say about it :

http://www.pokerstrategy.com
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 42.45% 42.18% 0.27% { As8s }
      MP3 57.55% 57.27% 0.27% { 44+, KQs, QJs, JTs, 76s, 65s }

SO imo I have just right odds to call hes shove.
      As always I wonder what u have to say aboutit.
      I am especially curious about raising or calling hes cbeton flop?
      Best regards
  • 2 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Bogdan1190
      Bronze
      It is fine the way you played but i don't think it is a mistake to call flop either

i would of called the flop and raise the turn if i hit. It could scare him the 3 spade but i don't like to go all in on the flop with a FD+GS if it was FD +OESD i would go all in anytime.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sinnology,

Well, if you wanted to invite the fishy guy into the play then why did you attack the agro guy in first place? He gave you very good odds and you were even IP against both opponents, why not just to Call and play on turn? The fish might join us as well and obviously we are getting very good odds. Doubt we have anyways here much fold equity.

But obviously if you do raise then your plan is also to play for the stacks against that kind of opponent with your expectations. But most likely he had there some kind of overpair but against that we are doing great, our Ace might even work as overcard. Obviously we also have to put the another part into his range as well, although even then we still get the equity, plus our plan with the raising. :)

Best Regards.