Hero bets $1.27, BTN calls $1.27

RIVER ($4.24) A:club: 8:heart: T:spade: J:diamond: 5:spade:

Hero bets $3.18, BTN raises to $6.36, Hero calls $3.18

Hero shows 8:diamond: 8:club:
      (Pre 56%, Flop 83.2%, Turn 90.9%)

BTN shows A:spade: T:club:
      (Pre 44%, Flop 16.8%, Turn 9.1%)

Hero wins $16.12

Preflop,am sometimes lazy, so i press pot button and it makes raiseof .7 instead .8.
      Flop I checked since that guy is pretty agressive himself, so I hope he will retain initiative.didnt happen , missed street of value, my bad
      river I bet and he minraises me.Should I riaise him there despite the fact that KQ might be in hes range more often than A, which hes suppose to bet on flop for value ?
  • 3 replies
    • Bogdan1190
      Never when you have a premium hand and OOP check in the hope that he hit and he bets. Especialy when you are the Preflop agressor.

River i don't know im more agressive and the only hand that could beat you is KQ but it is not that often against your set and you loose value just calling his raise becose if you put him all in he has to call becouse with about 6 dollars left in a ~13 dollar pot he is commited and will call almost every time.

I might be wrong thou :)

Best regards,
    • Meemawuk
      I think the river is a pretty spew simply because you don't c-bet. Always C-bet here OOP. I don't think you can fold though because you've underepped your hand so much. I would probably just call. I don't really see the point in shoving since I would be surprised to see him call it off even with 2pair here. Maybe if he's raising the river with 2pair he would?

On consideration though, what do you think he is checking behind on the flop flatting the turn and raising the river with? I can only See him doing it with KQ and maybe AJ/AJ if he typically overvalues 2pair hands on these kinds of boards. I prefer a Bet - Bet - Bet line.
    • veriz
      Hello Sinnology,

Why ain't ya CBetting the flop? I mean if he has a hand he will pay you, if he doesn't he wont. :) Just CB the flop and don't play your nuts like this. Bet/Bet/Bet and would have had his stack.

Although as played the turn of course is kinda cruel and some draws even completed, for that given reason the raise part on river is very thin spot. Really comes to the question either he is capable of raising there with 2pairs or not and what kind of opponent are we against. See the difference now? :> Either 3x Bet or play the way you did.

Best Regards.